Will lip injections change the shape of my lips?

I LOVE the shape and curves of my lips especially my top lip, will getting them bigger take the definition of the curves and dip of my top lip away?

Lip Injections with Restylane

+1
Having the lips injected when you already have a beautiful shaped lip should be easy with a skilled injector.  Please find a board certified Dermatologist with a great deal of experience in cosmetics for the best results.

Will lip injections change the shape of my lips

+1
Filler would give you a fuller pout but not change the shape of your lips, seek a reputable physician who can provide a result you wish to achieve 

Lip injections: volume vs. shaping

+1
It depends what you want and the skill of the injector. Patients like you that have nicely shaped lips and just desire a bigger version of what they have can be enhanced without changing the shape.  Shaping can be done with very thin lips by injecting behind the muscle, flap lips can be made more round, lack of definition under the nose can be created by injecting the columns, the cupid's bow can be accentuated, as can the tubercle in the upper middle lip. Some lower lips look better with injections of the middle third, others need selective volumization at the corner thirds. There is definitely an art to lip injections...

Edmund Fisher, MD
Bakersfield Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers and the shape of the lips

+1
Fillers can add volume to lips without actually changing shape or can change the shape of lips , if desired. The final shape will depend on how injections are done. Go to an experienced injector that has a good eye and tell them what you want. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Shape of lips after restylane

+1
Restylane in the lips should not change the original shape of them.   You could have injections done to add volume.  Be sure to go to an experienced injector. 

Ritu Saini, MD

+1
If your injections are performed properly by a very experienced injector, no. Lip filler should add volume without changing the nice shape of your lips. This is not the case if you choose an injector without an aesthetic eye. Most plastic surgeon and dermatologist injectors will be able to create a fuller but still beautifully shaped lip for you.

I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for lips

+1
Your lips have a very nice shape. Restyling injections properly done should enhance the appearance of your lips and not distort them. Typically fillers can be used to balance shape and size of the Lips so you should have a good discussion with your doctor about what you want before the injections. If you want to maintain a certain appearance to the Cupid's Bow and upper lip that should be easily accomplished. Also think about the size proportions for your lips- whether you want the upper lip fuller than the lower lip, vice versa or the same in size- as this can be changed if you want or you can leave them in a proportion similar to what they are now.

Mary Ann Contogiannis, MD
Greensboro Plastic Surgeon

Lip injection

+1
You have very nicely shaped lips. Properly done injection will only enhance the shape not change it distort it. Make sure it's done by an experienced injector.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler in the lips

+1
Small amounts of filler in the lips, if placed appropriately, can enhance the natural volume without changing the shape of the lips. Your injector can place small amounts at a time until you are both happy with the results. You can always add more volume (although this means additional visits), but it is very difficult to remove volume in the lips. If volume is added to the upper lip, some volume must also be added to the lower lip to keep the natural look. The lower lip should always be larger than the upper lip to prevent the joker look (1/3 upper lip to 2/3 lower lip ratio).

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1
with a very nice shape to the lips such as you have here he want to simply accident what is there rather than augmenting the lips indiscriminately and thus taking away the overall shape.  With these lips you can gently augment the shape of your upper lip while creating subtle pillows in the lateral halves of the lips without changing the Cupid's bow.  For the lower lip it does appear to be full and may be best not to injected or injected minimally.  For what your probably interested in doing and would need less than 1 cc of filler or a little less than 1 syringe.  I would recommend Restylane.  If this is your first time being injected you want to give herself a few days away from prying eyes as it will Puff up a little bit and he will also want to avoid salty foods and alcohol.  Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD
Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon