Lip Injections at Age 16? (photo)

I am interested in having my upper lip enhanced. How much would it cost to get this done? Is it possible to get half a syringe of Juvederm since I don't need that much plumping up?

Keeping a Natural Lookhttp://www.goldskincare.com/dermal-fillers/

+1
At age 16, the first thing that we would do is to sit down with you, and your parents, and find out why you would want this done and then determine if this is something we would recommend or to defer to a different point in your life.

As others have mentioned, you would need your parents sign a consent form for you, so you would need their support before proceeding anyfurther.

If there is a legitimate reason to do this, and there may not be, you can have either Restylane, Juvederm, or Belotero to the upper lip area. And it should be done by a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon — someone very skilled in what they are doing for you. And remember, we use what is needed, keeping things natural, and if there is medicine left over, it is discarded as we do not keep it once the session is over.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip enhancement

+1
At your age, you will need parental or guardian consent.

The exact dosing for you can be determined in consultation with your cosmetic physician with an in-person evaluation, as this will allow for a better assessment of your concern. Generally, clinics provide a per syringe price, and this can be anywhere from $550 to $850 in Toronto, Ontario. For minor wrinkles, less than a full syringe may be needed while for a dramatic enhancement, one syringe or more may be required.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Lip Injections at a young age

+1

Injections of this type are usually done on people over 18 and if you should elect to do this procedure, your parent will need to consent to it on your behalf. With that being said, there are smaller size syringes available of both Restylane (.5ml) and Juvederm (.4ml so a bit less than a 1/2 size), which are both HA fillers often used in the lips. It is usually advisable to follow the natural shape of your lips, and I don't often recommend only injecting into just the top lip, because you can sometimes get a puffed up, fish pout look. So, please make sure you visit a very experienced injector, and don't search for prices, but experience. In my office this procedure would be $300-$325 (basically exactly 1/2 the price of a full syringe since it's about 1/2 the size) depending on if you were getting Restylane or Juvederm.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Lip augmentation at age 16

+1

The beauty of hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm, Restylane, or Belotero for lips is the ease of treatment AND the fact that it is not permanent if you are not satisfied with how you look after the treatment. In my practice, a full syringe is $500 and a half syringe is $350. Please remember, your results depend upon the skill and experience of your physician injector.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon