Are Lip Implants Very Different of the Natural Lips Feeling?

would lip implants help reduce a gummy smile ?

Treatment of Choice for Gummy Smiles...

+1

Gummy smiles can be treated with Botox or Dysport.  Fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, or Perlane can help as well.  

Be sure you go to a provider who has experience treating "Gummy Smiles"

Good luck.

Gummy smile -- lip implants?

+1

Obviously, from the responses yoiu have received, there are several ways to address the problem you describe.  Dysport and Botox have a role, and fillers also could be tried as well.  It may take a trial and error technique to achieve the results you seek.  Personally, I have had very satisfied patients with lip implants which offer a permanent augmentation to the lips and which feel natural while kissing (or so I have been told).  But I might try other modalities to treat the gummy smile first.  Good luck!

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Gummy smile does well with Botox, fillers.

+1

The gummy smile is better treated with a little Botox or Dysport to reduce the upward pull of muscles above the lip. Filler such as Juvederm or Restylane may help somewhat by enlarging the upper lip. I am not a fan of surgical lip  implants. Fillesr do better, they look and feel very natural and are reversible if you are not happy.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip implants can feel natural

+1

Lip augmentation with lip implants can allow the lips to feel natural if the proper implant is used and placed in the proper tissue space within the lips.  Alloderm lip implants are very soft and supple and are the gold standard for lip augmentation, IMHO.  Silastic implants are good but are more stiff requiring placement within the lip muscle which moves constantly which can result in the implant moving.  Alloderm implants are soft enough to be placed above the lip muscle directly below the red lip mucosa.

Lip Implants do well in the lips to cause more pink to show and don't affect your normal feeling.

+1

Lip implants are inserted easily under local anesthesia and help cover gummy smiles.  You still have your normal feeling in the lips and they run about $1500-2000 per implant.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip implants for the gummy smile.

+1

Yes, they make the red part of the lip larger and therefore cover more of the gum. It may or may not be enough depending on the amount of gum showing.