Lip Higher on One Side when Smiling? (photo)

Hi there When I smile, one side of my top lip is higher than the other. I want to be able to fix this. Im getting married in April next year. Is it as easy as botox in the lower side of the lip? Cheers

Smile Line Correction with Botox Injections

+1

You are correct in that the injection of Botox into the depressor anguli muscle on the lower side should help. It may not make your smile line perfect but some improvement should occur. Start with just a few units initially as you can always inject more later. 

Botox for smile asymmetry

+1

Thank you for your question, your slight asymmetry may be addressed with Botox, however, this must be done very diligently and by an experienced injector as small doses of Botox need to be injected in the side that is higher to lower it.  Best of luck and congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Asymmetric lip

+1

No one is symmetrical on both sides of the face 100%.

If you try to operate to achieve 100% symmetry, it will not happen. You need to accept this amount of asymmetry