Can I have lip fillers safely as I have a mole on my upper lip (photo)

I have a mole on my upper lip which is approximately 50mm in diameter. It has strong hair growth and if I nick it when I shave the hair it will bleed quite a lot. There have been no causes of concern i.e. changes in colour etc. My lips are thin and lined and I would like fillers. There is a deep line on the edge of the mole which I would also like filled. Is this possible

Will Fillers Have any Impact On Mole

+1
When injected properly, fillers should not have any adverse effect on your mole. Fillers can be injected very close to it without harming it.

Barrie General Surgeon

Can I have lip fillers safely as I have a mole on my upper lip

+1
A mole on the upper lip would have no effect from having a filler, I suggest trying Belotero, this would give you the most natural result 

Based on your photo, you may consider peri-oral rejuvenation for a youthful appearance.

+1
Unfortunately, I do not see the mole on your lip. If it's been there for many years, isn't changing, and grows hair, it may represent a nevus. And , your surgeon may consider a shave biopsy if it's on the white of your lip.

Mole aside, you appear to be a good candidate for lip augmentation and filling the wrinkles around your mouth. In our practice, we prefer to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip line with lip mole

+1
Yes you can have filler injected into your thin lips. Vobella, an HA is soft and designed by Allergan specially for the lips. It will last 1 year before re-injection is needed. The deep line adjacent to mole can also be injected

You can make the mole virtually disappear using a radio-frequency technique and laser  hair removal to remove the hair.without a scar. Moles are vascular and can bleed quite a bit if nicked. Pressure for 7 min should stop it.

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip filler augmentation enhancement lip lines

+1
There is no contraindications with the mole and lip enhancement.  Restylane or Juvederm are both fine fillers.

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

Fillers of lips and a mole

+1
I do not think fillers injected into the lips would have any adverse effect on  a facial mole. Good luck with your decision to proceed.

Lip fillers and a mole

+1
Fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane can certainly enhance thin lips without affecting your mole.  A board certified dermatologist can assess your mole to ensure it is normal and can also inject the filler.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Fillers and a mole

+1
I can't really see your mole in the picture but it is not a contraindication for fillers. I think that you would really enjoy some Restylane or Juvederm in your lips

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Mole and Fillers

+1
The mole should have no bearing on the use of fillers.  The increased lip size might make the mole more prominent only.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Filler in a patient with a mole

+1
There is no reason that a mole should prevent you from safely having filler. If done by the right physician, you should be able to achieve your goals. 

Emily M. Wise, MD
Boston Dermatologic Surgeon