Lip fillers for proportion and shape? (photo)

Hi! For a long time now I've been unhappy with my lips, they're kinda lumpy and really in-proportionate to my face, also they don't have a "shape". I've heard about shaping the lips by injecting the vermilion border, so I'd like to get that done to give them a real shape. I'd also like to increase the size, to me, they seem too small for my face, and I'd like to have fuller, plumper, lips. I've attached a photo of my lips, and the shape I'd like to achieve.Is this size/shape possible to achieve?

Lip Augmentation with Fillers

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos. Soft tissue fillers (typically Restylane or Juvederm) can be used to safely add shape and volume to the lips. This procedure is done in the office with local numbing medicine and takes 15 minutes or so. The filler lasts about 9 months for most patients. During your consultation, I would spend a significant amount of time defining the area(s) of the lips that you want to work on, explaining the ideal shape of the lips, and planning your treatment.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Enhancement - Lip Augmentation San Diego

+1

It's definitely possible to come very close to the lips you show in the photo... but yours will look even better because they're on YOU. If it is your first treatment, a hyaluronan product is recommended such as Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm Ultra or Juvederm Ultra Plus or Belotero. They're all very safe, and will last at least several months. There are always new solutions with variable properties. More permanent augmentation can be accomplished later if you like the results. My preference is to numb the lips with regional anesthesia and I inject using surgical magnification for precision.

Steve Laverson, MD