None of the Lip Fillers Last on Me - What's my Next Option?

I've tried many temporary lip fillers, 2 weeks ago I even tried fat crafting & the doc injected some of the fat into my lips. Looked swollen and huge on the beginning but now it seems like it's all gone again. Nothing seem to last on my lips. What would be a good permanent option for me now?

Long duration lip fillers

+1

The hyaluronic acids are the gold standard for lip filling because they are the safest and can be reversed with hyaluronidase, but unfortunately they only last 3-6 months in most people. Other less predictable options include: gore-tex implant, fat transfer, or "permanent fillers" such as Artefill. Speak to your dermatologist or plastic surgeon about the best option for you.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

When you want a permanent lip enhancement, Lip Implants can't be beat.

+1

You are like so many patients that have tried temporary fillers and now are ready for the permanent lip implants.  There are a few types and are easy to put in under local anesthesia for a cost of $1500-2000 per lip.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip filling

+1

The hyaluronic acid fillers are all temporary and can last 6 months to a year.  I would avoid the more permanent fillers because they can not be reversed. The implantable devices sometimes extrude.

Alternative filler options for the lips

+1

There are many fillers and one of the newer "longer lasting" fillers is Artefill. You may want to discuss this with your physician and review the risks alternatives and benefits. Implants are available but are associated with high risk of extrusion.

Next Option in Lip Filling

+1

Much as we would each like to believe that we are unique or special, odds are overwhelming that this is NOT the case. Whenever i am told by a patient that Botox does not work on them, I will guarantee that that Botox was inactive, dilute, gray market, injected by an unqualified injector or - all of the above.

Having augmented lips with every filler for over 15 years, it is hard to beat Restylane or Juvederm. So - in your case I would bet that if you changed your injector, your results would probably drastically improve as well.  I would strongly advise you NOT to put permanent fillers in the lip. There is a result that's worse that a short lasting OK or good result - a horrible, impossible to repair permanent result.