Can Lip Fillers B Used to Lift the Cupid's Bow and Top Lip?

Hi. I am wondering whether lip filers can be used to lift the top lip - to not only add volume, but lift the cupid's bow and philtrum.

Regarding Lip Augmentation For the Cupid’s Bow

+1
Yes, lip fillers can indeed be used to actually raise the cupids bow. I have included a video of a patient where this was done with Juvederm. Juvederm is made of hyaluronic acid which helps to add volume to the lips. But doctors can employ different strategies to help refine their contours as well.

The patient is quite explicit in stating how she wanted her lips to look as natural as possible. Although highly plump lips (with a flattened cupid’s bow) seem to be a popular choice, this does not have to be the norm. Some people (like yourself) want to enhance the shape of the cupid’s bow outline.

If you look at the before images, you will see that the upper lip is quite thin and flat. But after the procedure, she has a prominent and well defined cupid’s bow. The placement of the injection filler makes a big difference in the shape of the overall results.

Web reference: http://www.finetouchdermatology.com/los-angeles-lip-augmentation/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm for lips

+1

Dear Emmy2,

• Lip Fillers can be used to lift that area
  • It is hard to create a cupid's bow if you do not have one already
  • Please see an experienced injector to get a better idea of what your lips could look like

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Fillers can provide structural support to the lips

+1

I routinely use fillers to provide a stronger platform for the skin above the lip without adding volume to the wet/pink lip. Injecting hyaluronic acid into the skin between the nose and the upper lip, including the cupid's bow, can provides instant definition to this area. In addition, I have injected hyaluronic acid into the undersurface of the cupid's bow/philtrim using the intraoral approach (inside the mouth). The provides a nice cushion underneath the cupid's bow that results in a pleasing, subtle out-turning of the upper lip.

Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Cupid's bow and philtrim

+1

Hyaluronic acid fillers are a great tool to fill and shape lips. A defined cupid's bow and philtrim are youthful and are an integral part of lip augmentation. The key with lips is to respect each person's natural lip shape and anatomy and not to overinject. 

Miami Beach Dermatologist

Fillers to "Lift the Cupid's Bow and Top Lip"

+1

It is possible to lift the cupid's bow and the top lip with injectable fillers. Any experienced injector, who should be a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon, should be able to do this easily and effectively. That being said, an in-office consultation will be most helpful for you as it gives the injector a chance to look at your lips and really understand what it is you want. Based on the current anatomy, shape and size of your lips, he or she may feel you might benefit from augmenting the lips differently. 

Web reference: http://www.barnettdermatology.com/treatments.php?id=26

Lip fillers for cupid's bow and top lip

+1

Lip fillers can be used to help lift the top lip.  There are different techniques to do so, but it can be done.  Fillers can also be used along the philtrum and cupid's bow.  An experienced injector should be able to easily address your issues.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon