I Have Had Lip Fillers Before and is Wearing off but I Am Considering Just Getting my Vermillion Lip Line Done?

I am only twenty five and have had full lip fillers done over the past few years but was recently told if I just had my vermillion line done it would look more natural and create more definition in my lips and improve my Downward smile when my mouth is relaxed....I am unsure if this will be a suitable treatment for me as I hsve zero wrinkles round my mouth? I don't want to waste money on this if it would just be better to have full fillers done.

Full Lip Fillers or Vermillion Only

+1

The most suitable treatment has to be tailored to your anatomy and your desires for lip correction. In other words, some people have nicely defined vermillion borders but very small red lip volume. They would then benefit from injections mainly in the red lip. Others may have the opposite problem where they have an ill-defined vermillion border / white roll. Injections in this area then can enhance the white roll and can give a little more projection to the lip on side/profile view. This should be done with subtlety as overzealous injections in this area can give a "ducky" or "trout pout" appearance.

In practice, however, most get both the vermillion and the body of the lip injected but in varying degrees. Therefore it takes a skilled injector who will integrate anatomic "ideals" with your desired lip shape to come up with a personalized plan just for you. Go to a board-certified injector such as the ones on this site for best results.

Michael Kim, MD

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Composite Grafts in Rhinoplasty; Possible Under Local Anesthesia?

+1

It's probably best to include pictures of your lips for further evaluation.  If the lips are thin and/or don't meet the ideal proportion, then Alloderm Lip Implants would give a longer lasting Lip Augmentation lasting about 7 years.  

Vermillion

+1

While dermal fillers can be utilized to define the vermillion border, this treatment is frequently used to enhance lip augmentation but not to replace it.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Lip Fillers

+1

The vermillion frequently refers to the border where the red lip meets the skin.  This area is also called the “white roll”.  As we age this border can become indistinct blurring the boundaries between the lips and surrounding skin.  Using fillers to define the vermillion border is something that can be done to enhance the definition of the lips.  However, this is really more like the icing on the cake and not really a suitable alternative to lip augmentation. 

Hope this helps.

Christopher Kolstad, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation or verillion surgery

+1

I would definitely consider other options before going to vermillion surgery.  At least consider the possibility of Silikon 1000 (see woth it ratings for Silikon 1000 on this website) and/or lip implants. 

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon