Could U Have Lip Fillers if U Ar on Warfin

Fillers on Coumadin

+1

We do fillers all the time in people on warfarin and other blood thinners. This has become common since the same population that needs the fillers are the ones that are also most likely to be on blood thinners, and the number of people on blood thinners has risen. We generally use a blunt needle to reduce the chance of bruising and use bromellin and Anrica to help any bruising that does occur absorb faster.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Fillers and blood thinners

+1

I have injected fillers in patients who are on blood thinners but they are warned that they will more than likely bruise more than patients that are not on them.

Lip augmentation

+1

My recommendations is NOT to do it while you are on warfarin. The risk of hematoma is great, even if you take all the precautions possible

Juvederm or Restylane lip fillers while on blood thinners

+1

I frequently inject lip fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane while my patients are on products that increase their risk of bleeding, especially aspirin and fish oil pills. The risk of bruising can be lowered if your injecting physician does not use more risky techniques such as fan like injections, higher injection volumes, and more rapid injection times.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/juvederm/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation While On Blood Thinners

+1

Lip augmentation with fillers is safe while taking blood thinners such as warfarin or aspirin. The main concern is that these blood-thinning medications increase your risk of bruising and swelling.  However, both will resolve completely within a certain time period.

Web reference: http://www.barnettdermatology.com/treatments.php?id=18

+1

I wouldn't agree to do fillers for lip augmentation for you as you are at increased risk of bruising and hematoma formation.  It's never a matter of "can you do something" IMHO but rather "should you" for safety or aesthetic reasons. In this case, IMO, you shouldn't for safety reasons.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Lip fillers while taking medication

+1

Lip fillers are safe while taking just about any medication. The main issue is bruising and swelling which would be much more likely and last longer particularly with aspirin, but also with a blood thinner such as warfarin.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.