Which Lip Filler Does Not Weigh Down the Upper Lip?

I would greatly appreciate any advice. I got Juvederm in my upper lip a couple of month ago. Although the lips looked nicely enhanced when closed, the upper lip got weighed down too much.

It affected both my smile and my speech in a negative way. And my teeth show was significantly lessened - not pretty either. Is there a Lip augmentation filler or technique that can augment the upper lip without weighing it down? (The picture was taken six weeks after)

Lip Filler Results Rely onTechnique

+2

When augmenting the lips with fillers (most commonly Juvederm and Restylane), I almost always inject the upper and lower lip together. The reason for this is that the lower lip is typically fuller in volume than the upper and needs to be proportionately augmented. When viewing your photograph, I see an imbalance in lip fullness with a relatively larger upper lip. I would submit that you probably would have been happier had your doctor performed the procedure as I have described (in addition to a little less filler in your upper lip).

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Filling

+2

As Plastic surgeons we are still reminded of the film The First Wives Club and Dr. Morris Packman (" Elise, if I give you any more collagen, your lips are gonna look like they got stuck in a pool drain.")

We are frequently given analogies to Donald / Daisy / Daffy Duck, Angelina Jolie and Ubangi lips and told "not to go there" - WHY? Because many injectors lack an artistic eye and treat lips like empty tanks of gas.

In my opinion, lips should NOT be treated like an empty tank of gas - They should NOT be filled - They should be sculpted instead.

Carefully placed Restylane and Juvederm do NOT weight lips down, cover the teeth, distort the lips to the point where your speech or smile are awkward. Well placed filler makes the lip look better without ANY of these.

Dr. P. Aldea

Lip augmentation wiith injectable fillers

+1

It appears that the most likely reason your lip is weighted downward is due to the volume of filler that was used. Currently, there are only two temporary fillers that are safe to place in the lips and both of them are hyaluronic acid fillers, juvederm and restylane. That being said you can certainly have lesser amounts placed into the lips and this would cause less of a volume effect. Also, augmenting the bottom would bring the lips into better balance. I hope this information helps. In the interim, you could always have the augmentation reversed with some hyaluronidase injected into the lip.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon