How Does Lip Filler Vary from Person to Person?

What characteristics make lip filler a good choice for someone? If someone is a good candidate for lip filler, then how do they determine what kind to use? Is longevity of the filler one of the major factors for choosing the right filler?

Natural Looking Results of Lip Fillers Like Juvederm Are A Main Criteria

+1

Choosing the right filler really depends on how natural looking the results are. Because hyaluronic acid is a natural component found in our bodies, this compound makes an excellent filler for the lips. Juvederm and Restylane are both examples of hyaluronic acid fillers

Longevity should really not be a primary factor. There may be times when individuals no longer want fillers in their lips.  This can be due to various reasons such as facial changes that occur over time.
In addition to fillers that can give natural looking results and the flexibility to adapt to changes in the face over time, the skill of the physician is perhaps the most important criteria for successful lip enhancement. This procedure does require technical and artistic ability on the part of the practitioner.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Best filler for lips

+1

I prefer using either Restylane or Juvederm on my patients for lip injections. They create slightly different results, so an expert injector will be able to help you decide which one is best for you, depending on the results you are hoping to achieve from your lip augmentation. The longevity of the fillers are pretty equivalent. The lips are a delicate area, so please make sure you see a doctor is has a lot of experience with lip injections.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip fillers vary from person to person.

+1

After 20 years in practice, I can tell you that every procedure or treatment I do varies from person to person, even identical twins!  Your surgeon should have some advice based on his/her experience.  Sometimes it take a couple of fillers to determine which is best for any given patient. 

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Lip filler

+1

Lip fillers cary and a discussion with your treating physician can be very helpful in choosing the right filler for you.

Best fillers for lips

+1

Juvederm or Restylane are the best options for lip augmentation. The differences between each of the hyaluronic acid gel products include particle size, total concentration, and the extent of cross linking. One of the most frequently discussed characteristics of hyaluronic acid gels is its elasticity, represented by the symbol G’ (G prime). A gel with a higher G’ is better able to resist changes in shape and is described as being firmer, harder or more elastic than a gel with a lower G’. Another important property of hyaluronic acid gels is its viscosity, represented by the symbol G’’ (G double prime). A gel with a higher G’’ is thicker than a gel with a lower G’’. Restylane has a higher G’ and G’’ than Juvederm. This means that it is a firmer, more viscous gel which can therefore create more lift and volume. In my opinion, a softer gel like Juvederm is more ideal for lips.  Please remember, your results depend upon the skill and experience of your physician injector. You can follow the video link below to see me injecting my wife’s lips with Restylane!

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip fillers

+1

Juvederm or its competitor, Perlane, are the best fillers for lips. I would suggest against a filler that is permanent. Make sure your doctor offers all procedures and that he or she is not misleading you in order to take your money.There are excellent surgical procedures for lip augmentation but only go to a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to have them done.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon