Lip filler restayln/teosyal/juvederm ive never had lip filler and would like to get it done in Christmas. Which filler is best?

I would like to try it this christmas and probably get it redone in july for my friends wedding. Any recommendations will be a great help!

+2

Hyaluronic Acid(HA) fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane are great and safe fillers to use. HA can last 6-9 months and sometimes even up to a year or so. Keep in mind that lips are vascular and the possibility of bruising and swelling are very common to the area and can last 2-3 days. You should also discuss with your provider if you have history of herpes so he/she can prescribe antiviral prophylactically.

Which Filler for the Lips? Juvederm or Restylane

+1

I use both juvederm and restylane in the lips with great success. I find juvederm to produce a softer affect than restylane. Many of my patients love restylane to help establish the line along the lips, the white roll.

Both of the hyaluronic acid fillers, juvederm and restylane, have been used extensively and are great in the right hands. Its important to communicate well with the doctor and explain where you want to fullness and if you want it to look subtle. Your upper lip should be 1/3 the size of the lower lip, 1/3 to 2/3 to produce a natural look. You may have seen results with an overly prominent upper lip, almost like a duck lip, showing more placed in the upper lip than lower.

That being said, this treatment is very personal and depends on what you are looking for and how your lips look naturally.

Be prepared for a few days of swelling and possible bruising! Avoid aspirin, fish oil, gingko, alcohol for a week before to help diminish bruising.

Eating fresh pineapple helps decrease bruising!

Brenda Dintiman, MD
Fairfax Dermatologic Surgeon