Best Lip Filler Options?

Hello! I have medium sized lips and would like them to be a little fuller. I am a fan of Adriana Lima's lips if that helps for a visual of what I want. I also do not want extremely long lasting results because I have never had this done before so I would opt for the most temporary option. What do you recommend? Also, where should I get this done (a medspa, dermatologist office, plastic surgeon's office, etc)? What should I look for when considering where to go to get this procedure done?

Juvederm or Restylane as Lip Filler Options

+1

Fuller lips can certainly be achieved with Restylane or Juvederm. Both are made of hyaluronic acid. This allows them to add volume to the lips as well as hydration since hyaluronic acid can hold numerous water molecules.

However, there is a lot of skill that is involved with lip augmentation procedures. Although many people want their upper lip to be fuller, it is important not to add too much of the filler. Overall, symmetry and natural proportions need to be maintained.

So it is vital that you choose the right service provider. It is best to choose a dermatologist who is board certified. Also make sure to look for evidence of their work in the form of photos or videos like this one:

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Best Lip Filler Options

+1

Restylane has received FDA approval for lip augmentation. However, Juvederm also can be used to provide an excellent result. The key is to choose an experienced and expert physician injector who has a sense of aesthetics that is compatible with your own.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Lip Enhancement

+1

Restylane and Juvederm injections take place in our medical office and require just a few minutes to perform. The aesthetic improvement is immediate, and in general we will attempt to ever so slightly overfill the lips and overcorrect lines and folds, so that the desired effect remains once the mild initial swelling subsides (in about 24 hours). The goal is an aesthetic improvement that appears natural.

Most injections can be performed with little or no pain by administration of local anesthesia just prior to the Restylane ® injection. Injection of the lips is usually completely painless, using intra-oral anesthesia that produces total numbness of the lips. For injection of lines and creases on the face, a local anesthetic solution is used that causes vasoconstriction, decreasing the likelihood of bruising following the injection. Our aim is to provide an immediate and beautiful aesthetic enhancement, with little or no discomfort and downtime.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm only option for lip augmentation

+1

You should seek out an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon using only hyaluronic acid fillers as these are 100% reversible with hyaluronidase in case there is a buyer's regret. Even though Restylane is the only filler in 2012 that is officially approved by FDA for lip augmentation, both Restylane and Juvederm do fine jobs in the hands of artistically minded physician injector.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Best filler for lips?

+1

There is no 'best' and when people claim one is softer than the other, I cannot imagine what kind of objective study they base their claims on.  If you want something temporary, simply have saline injected and you can get a good idea of what you will look like.  If you want something longer acting, any dermal filler will produce that result BUT some fillers have more potential side effects but eventually, this will be absorbed and you're back to square one.  Fat grafting is a little more 'permanent' but you have to accept the potential risks that come with weight fluctuations plus the probable need for some revisions or touch ups.  Finally, silicone implants are guaranteed to produce fuller lips, and from those who have them, there are few complaints of them being excessively firm.  And if you don't like them, they are easy to remove in the office under local.  So there is no best filler.  Pick something that will work for you.

Curtis Wong, MD

Best option for lip augmentation

+1

Juvederm Ultra is very soft, and will move naturally with your lips.  Restylane and Belotero can also work well, but are not as soft as Juvederm.

You will get the safest, most reliable treatments with a board-certified facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist.  To maximize your chance of a satsifying result ask for before & afters when you consult with your doctor, and be clear about your goals.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Lip Augmentation

+1

Dear Meowmeow11,

• Juvederm is a very nice lip plumper that will continue to plump for 1-2 weeks after injection
  • I would recommend a qualified physician to do the injections, looking at before and after pictures will help you make your decision
  • The results will last about 6 months and satisfaction rates are very high
  • Enjoy your new lips!

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Good Lip Filler Options

+1

A board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in injectable fillers and cosmetic procedures should be who you see for lip augmentation (filling). Ask to see before and after photos if you haven't already found them on the doctor's website. If you want something temporary, the hyaluronic acid fillers are good options.  

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Injectable filler for lips

+1

I think you are best to go to medical doctor for injections and someone with an aesthetic background and eye.  AS for the filler, it really depends upon what your are looking for. The hyaluronic acids are good options.

Injectable Lip Filler Options For Increased Lip Fullness

+1

Any of the hyaluronic-acid based fillers are good of lips, such as Restylane, Juvederm or Belotero. They will last around 6 months and one syringe us more than enough for a moderate size increase. Go to reputable physician injector that is preferably done in their office.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD