Possible for Lip Filler to Enhance and Even Lips without Overfilling?

I am interested in lip filler to enhance and help even out my lips. Also, I am interested in a fuller top lip with more "lift" when viewed by my profile view. Can these be accomplished successfully with my lip shape without creating "trout pout"?

Lip Enhancement and Symmetry Without Overfilling

+1

You look to be a good candidate for lip enhancement that should achieve your goals.  Our office likes Juvefderm or Restylane for the lips.  Best to see a couple of well trained, experienced injectors.  Do your homeowrk.  It is your face...

Lip Filler for Side Profile

+1

Lip filler would be a great option for you to achieve a more augmented lip. As for your side profile view, the top lip would absolutely look larger, and if you see an experienced and knowledgable cosmetic surgeon/dermatologist, you won't end up with the fake looking pout you're referring to. However, keep in mind that you are simply adding to the volume of the lip shape that already exists. To "raise" or lower a lip is not one of the capabilities of a filler substance. I recommend speaking with your physican and discussing the options. I prefer Juvederm or Restylane in the lip, as it creates a smoother more natural looking appearance. Best of luck! 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Lip Augmentation Results

+1

Yes!  Discuss the subtle changes that you are interested in with your injector.  If you have a lot of "gummy" show on the upper teeth when you smile you may want to drop your upper lip as well with a little BOTOX.  Patients love that.  Find an injector that you trust.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to achieve a natural looking lip augmentation

+1

Juvederm or Restylane are the best options for correcting an aging lip. They are used to replace lost volume, define the vermilion borders and create a more youthful curl, elevate and lift the corners of the mouth, and correct vertical wrinkle lines. They can restore the natural contour of the upper and lower lip and enhance the Cupid’s bow area. Lifting the corners of the mouth gives a hint of a smile and reduces the “sad or angry look” when they are down turned. Please remember, your results depend upon the skill and experience of your physician injector. 

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler should look natural in the lips

+1
The answer is yes. The key is in the injector. I would suggest a qualified surgeon who has a lot of experience in fillers. Look at your surgeons before and afters and speak with his/her patients and make sure that they have the aesthetic look you are seeking. There is a natural balance that needs to be achieved and this would be attainable by filling the outer portion of your upper lip and a small amount of filler in the lower lip. I use either Restylane or Juvederm depending on the patient and I always suggest being conservative in the beginning! As a surgeon and a fisherman I prefer to see the "trout pout" only on the end of a fishing rod!

Michael Elam, MD

Filler for lips

+1

Convey to the dermatologist or plastic surgeon your desire to have a natural result, and that you would prefer to have to come back for more filler rather than being over filled.   I prefer Juvederm for a natural looking lip enhancement and would avoid permanent products.

Madeline Krauss, MD
Boston Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip shaping, injections , #beauty, #Restylane, #Juvederm

+1

Dear 704869anon in Seattle

Your lip shape is good and therefore contouring of your lips with a filler such as Restylane should give very good results.  It is best to start out conservative and repeat the injection as necessary to acheive the final shape at 3 months after the first injection.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

You appear to be a good candidate for a conservative Lip Augmentation procedure.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed your photos. You could have your upper lip evened out by having filler placed in the outer portion of your lip where it is deficient. You should have your lower lip filled a bit to keep the natural balance of your lower lip being slightly larger than your upper. My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. I attached a link to an interview I did for RealSelf regarding silicone lip injections. I hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

+1

Absolutely!  Please seek a board certified specialist to help address your concerns.  The lower lip should always be fuller than the upper lip.  

Kimberly Lee, MD

Lip Fillers with Overfilling

+1

First, yes, it's possible to get lip filler without overfilling. I would recommend you see a board-certified physician for any injectables. Second, what people often don't realize is that on most people, the bottom lip is almost always fuller. (Look at your pictures - your bottom lip is much fuller than your top lip.) Filling only the top lip or not following this natural shape is when people get that duck lip look, or trout pout.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD