Lip Augmentations Lift Injectable? Juvederm, Collagen, or Restylane?

Which among of these (Juvederm, collagen, or Restylane) pose lesser risks of getting complications related after a lip augmentation lift?

What option for lip injectable?

+1

In the face it is a good idea to start with something non permanent. The soft and hard tissue of the face will change with time. We usually start out with a hyaluronic acid based filler, (i.e.; juvederm, restylane). There substances are also more pliable and forgiving.  Best to see a few experienced injectors and see what they offer.

Restylane or Juvederm for lip augmentation

+1

Juvederm or Restylane are most commonly used for lip augmentation.  Make sure you have treatment with an experienced injector so you will have a natural looking result.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm and Restylane for the lips

+1

Juvederm and Restylane are both great fillers for lip augmentations. They create slightly different results, so it really depends on the type of results you are looking for. I do not use collagen for lip augmentation. 

To avoid complications, it is very important that you go to an expert injector. Going to a doctor with a lot of experience and expert technique is more important than the product itself in terms of decreasing the chance of complacations. 

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1

My preference is Juvederm Ultra Plus XC because of its consistency and long lasting results.  Any Hyaluronic acid product should be safe and effective.  The ideal filler is your own body's fat but there is a longer period of swelling than HA fillers.  Fat has the advantage of being permanent.  I would avoid any kind of implant or permanent filler because of bad long term complications.  I would also avoid solid natural implants such as dermal fat grafts, dermis and fascia as lips witll not animate (move) naturally.  I hope this helps! 

RianA. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Lip augmentation

+1

Do not entirely understand the question. Are you trying to do a lip lift with injectables? If you are the three you mentioned are OK and have very little complications associated with them. I would mention here that collagen is very outdated. However, lip lifting with fillers is not very successful and  tends to look very unatural. I prefer dermal-fat lip grafts which I perfected over twenty years ago to use your own tissue to permanently enlarge your lips naturally...a far better choice. If you have already had a lip lift I would use one of the Juvederm products for fullness if needed.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Excellent Fillers for Lip Enhancement / Augmentation (Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane)

+1

The skill of the plastic surgeon is more important than which filler product he or she chooses.  Since you mentioned having had a lip lift surgery, I would generally start with that surgeon for advice.

The hyaluronic acid (HA) type fillers are our preferred choice for lip augmentation, although we do use fat grafts when another facial surgery is being done.  There do not appear to be any differences in risks associated with different types.  HA can be placed fairly precisely, and removed if needed (using an enzyme injection).  We use both Perlane and Juvederm.  You should be aware that using HA's in areas other than the nasolabial groove is considered off-label use, beyond FDA approval.

Sutton Graham II, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1

The best lip augmentation is the one that accompishes what you want. For some of my patients, they need volume and dont really have lips to speak of. They need a lot of volume and i use thicker fillers such as Perlane or Restylane. Other people have great shape and thin skin and for those I use Juvederm Ultra.

Collagen has not been used for years, it has been gone for so long that no one uses it anymore.

It used to be ok for the lips but was lumpier than the gel based products used today

I would NOT use Sculptra or Radiesse in the lips, they tend to form clumps.

Kenneth Beer, MD
Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

The best fillers for lips...

+1

The best filler for lips seems to be an individual choice as some patients prefer juvederm, some restylane(forget the collagen, no more of that). My personal preference is restylane and that is what I use in my lips. However, I have patients that want me to use juvederm only for their lips. Juvederm seems to be a bit softer while restylane has more substance. If you haven't used both, you would probably be happy with either one as long as it was injected properly.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Lip augmentation

+1

I think in the present time, collagen really has fallen out of favor. Most people will use the hyaluronic acids like restylane, juvederm, or perlane to augment the lip.

Injection Options for Lip Augmentation

+1

Nowadays, lips can be enhanced with many injectable fillers, such as Juvederm, Restylane, or fat. The hyaluronic acid fillers (Restylane and Juvederm) are the best options for office treatments, where results are immediate after a quick office procedure. Results last for several months and have the least risk of potential complications. Hyaluronic acid fillers can be reversed by injecting another material, hyaluronidase, if necessary. Collagen injections are no longer used by plastic surgeons or dermatologist currently due to the benefits of hyaluronic acid alternatives for lip augmentation.

Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a specialist help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon