Lip Augmentation? Which Filler is Best?

is Lip Silikon save or not?? how long dos Lip Silikon last ?? all theys Injectables which one is the best for lips and which one last the longest?? Juvederm Juvederm Ultra Juvederm Ultra Plus Radiesse 0.8 Radiesse 1.6 Restylane 0.4 Restylane 0.8 how maney syringes can i have injekted to make large lips ?? what about Fat Grafting how long dos that last?? how much fat can i have injekted in my lips??

Lip augmentation

+1

I think you will find many answers to your question.  Of course, the HA fillers work great in the lips but this can get rather costly.  Personally, I am a big fan of Silikon 1000 in the lips, although not all of my colleagues will agree.  Lip implants may also be considered.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Augmenting lips with fillers

+1

The most important decision with lip or any other augmentation is to see a physician with extensive training in beauty, anatomy and injection technique, so that would be a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. I would typically recommend Juvederm Ultra or Restylane (both hyaluronic acid fillers) for most patients, although in a few patients I will use Juvederm Ultra Plus or Perlane. I would not use Radiesse in the lips, and other fillers are very risky and have little experience in the lips. Ideally you'd use a filler that has an antidote just in case there ever was a problem, so Juvederm or Restylane would be perfect as a physician can inject "hyaluronidase" to dissolve a hyaluronic acid filler.

We'd be happy to assess you at Toronto Dermatology Centre, phone: 416-633-0001.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation? Which Filler is Best?

+1

If you are looking for the safest way to augment your lips to the greatest extent, IMHO, Alloderm Lip Implants are far more effective than any filler injection.  If on the other hand you want a modest but significant lip enlargement, Juvederm Ultra would be my choice.  Be sure that the MD you select understands and follows the proper aesthetics of lip proportion for the creation of naturally, full and attractive lips.   I do not use or recommend any type of silicone injections to the lips beacuse of the potential complications. 

Lip Augmentation. Which Filler is Best?

+1

Lip fillers such as Restylane/Juvederm do great and look natural for $550 per syringe and last 4-6 months and is the standard. Other fillers such as fat and silicon tend to have problems and don't look or feel so great. Lip  implants are very natural looking and easy to put in for roughly $1500-2000 each but I always recommend going with the temp fillers 1st then when you see what size and shape you want, then switch over to the implants. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Best filler for lip augmentation

+1

Juvederm or Restylane are the best options for lip augmentation. The differences between each of the hyaluronic acid gel products include particle size, total concentration, and the extent of cross linking. One of the most frequently discussed characteristics of hyaluronic acid gels is its elasticity, represented by the symbol G’ (G prime). A gel with a higher G’ is better able to resist changes in shape and is described as being firmer, harder or more elastic than a gel with a lower G’. Another important property of hyaluronic acid gels is its viscosity, represented by the symbol G’’ (G double prime). A gel with a higher G’’ is thicker than a gel with a lower G’’. Juvederm has a lower G’ and G’’ than Restylane. This means that it is a softer, less viscous gel which is more ideal for lips.  However, please remember, your results depend upon the skill and experience of your physician injector. You can follow the video link below to see me injecting my wife’s lips with Restylane!

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1

One should not consider any permanent injectible  filler of the lips unless there is success with the temporary ones. I tend to favor lip implants as they give the lip shape and body and are permanent yet reversible. It is difficult to remove injected silicone products. Fat is a bit unpredictible in my experience but there are others who swear by it.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lips

+1

I really limit my lip treatments at this point to Hyaluronic acid fillers.  Specifically I use Juvederm Ultra Plus for plumping and Perlane for definition and shape.

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Use only HA (hyaluronic acid) fillers for lip augmentation

+1

While Restylane is the only FDA-approved filler for lip augmentaion, all hyaluronic acid fillers (e.g. Juvederm, Perlane, Belotero) should be fine. You need the ability to have the filler be reversed with hyaluronidase in case if you are not perfectly happy with the outcome, e.g. nodules, asymmetry. Better yet, choose your injectors carefully and consider only board-certified core aesthetic physicians such as dermatologists or plastic surgeon.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon