Do I Need Lip Augmentation? (photo)

I'm a 22 years old male, When I look straight forward on my self my upper lip looks smaller from the lower lip (first picture), but if I lift my head up a little bit my lips look nice and symmetrical (second picture). Why is that? Is there any way of lip augmentation that will make my lips to always look like the way they are in the second picture (from straight forward look)? Thanks.

Lip Augmentation

+2

To improve the volume of your upper, lip augmentation using dermal fillers such as restylane (which is FDA approved for lip augmentation) or juvederm is possible. The second photo suggests that you are not a candidate. However, to verify, consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert injectors to review your options.

Upper lip filler

+2

We can get nice results, similar to what you demonstrate between the two photos, using hyaluronic acid fillers.  In your case, I would aim to place the product in the mucosal (red) part of the lip to get more red to show, and give you the fuller upper lip you desire without protrusion.

Yoash R. Enzer, MD

Yoash R. Enzer, MD, FACS
Providence Oculoplastic Surgeon

Male lip augmentation

+1

I think you have a very reasonable volume and contour to your lips and would not recommend augmentation.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation for Males

+1

The difference between your two photos really has to do with how your lips look at different angles of your head. You could under lip augmentation if you truly feel this is necessary for your appearance.

If you do go this route, you can work with your doctor so that he or she understands how to develop the right injection strategy to achieve the look that you want. This obviously would involve injecting more filler in your upper lip.

But there also needs to be the right symmetry between the upper and lower lip. You obviously just want a little bit of height, and not too much volume in your upper lip. 

In terms of which fillers to use, I would recommend Juvederm or Restylane. These are both synthetic hyaluronic acid fillers, which your body already has. Results tend to be more natural looking.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Lips

+1

Hello

My personal and proffesional opinion your lips look as they should. If your looking to have fuller lips you can do Juverderm or other fillers that different office have to offer it can last from  3-9 months. Depending on the product.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Do I Need Lip Augmentation?

+1

The first photo with you looking down is not the appropriate angle to make the aesthetic determination of how good your lips appear.  You looking straight ahead, is the proper angle and your lips and chin look to be aesthetically correct.  You need to do nothing IMHO.  

Lip filers

+1

If you are not happy with the volume of your upper lip, an injectable filler can help improve the appearance.