Lip Augmentation Procedure to Have Angelina Jolie's Lips?

My VERY thin lips desire an augmentation to result in Angelina Jolie lips. I tried collagen, results were lumpy, off-center, one side was larger than the other. I looked insane and people asked questions & thought I'd been beaten up!

Perhaps one side of my top lip is fuller than the other & didn't know it before the injections? I desire natural-looking, GIANT and pouty lips. I wasn't allergic. Is there something I can get that'll give me those exact perfect results? How much can be injected at 1 visit or would perm. Which lip implant be best for me?

Lip augmentation enhances the patient's existing lips

+3

Lip augmentation enhances the patient's existing lips. Overaugmentation of lips results in blunting of the fine details of the edges of the lip and a sausage-like appearance.

You are given a certain skin envelope for the lips. It is best to make the most of that rather than attempting to overstuff it.

In some cases where dynamics of the lips relative to the teeth or the nose need to be altered, V-Y advancement or upper lip lifts are possible.

Beautiful lips can be had

+1

You can have beautiful lips but I would not recommend doing anything permanent as what you think is perfect might change over time. My favorite filler for plump lips is Restylane. Depending on how much you want, your injecter will do their best to make your lips a nice size, hopefully within reason. I doubt that most doctors would overfill lips to an extent that they think would be unattractive so make sure that you and your doctor have a common understanding before you start. Lips that start out uneven can be corrected with fillers. Try to set your goal as being the best you can be as very often those that set their goals to perfection are dissapointed. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Lip Augmentation

+1

Angelina Jolie is the only person that can have her lips. Interestingly, Angelina’s lips are her natural lips. There are several filler substances, short-term, long-term and permanent, that will enhance the contour of the lips. When people have thin or relatively small lips, I have techniques with fillers that will create greater fullness; but, I perform these procedures in a natural way. People who want huge pouty lips that appear artificial will not be treated by me. As a surgical artist, my work is best represented by beautiful natural contours and not by an artificial and unnatural appearance.

Sigmund L. Sattenspiel, MD
Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

For Angelina Jolie-looking lips, try Restylane or Juvederm

+1

Not everyone can get or look fabulous with huge Angelina Jolie-looking lips. First try restylane or juvederm injected a week apart over 3 sessions and see if you get what you are hoping for and if it looks ok on you.

Cost is roughly $550 per syringe and it may take 3 syringes.

Good luck,

David Hansen, MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lips like Angelina Jolie

+1

Fillers such as restylane or juvederm are excellent choices to augment and define the lips. I would caution you to have realistic expectations however. It is unlikely that your lips will look like Angelina Jolie's since hers are hers and yours are yours. Fillers will enhance , beautify and augment your lips nicely. Fillers, in the right hands, can make your lips the best they can be.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon