What is the Newest and Greatest Lip Filler and Implants?

Volbella

+1
Volbella is the latest injectable filler based on hyaluronic acid (HA) that provides a desirable improvement in the lip contour, boosting volume, smoothing vertical creases (smoker's lines), and achieving symmetry – all in a single treatment session that usually lasts 20 minutes or less. Plus, it has lidocaine (anaesthetic) in it for a more comfortable treatment. Juvéderm Volbella is preferred to Ultra because it has a smoother, softer consistency that mimics the natural feel of your lips better. Studies have found that results lasts longer, too (up to a year).  

Lip fillers

+1
We usually start out with a hyaluronic acid based filler, (i.e.; juvederm, restylane). It usually gives soft, kissable, natural results.  Best to see a few experienced injectors and see what they offer.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Hyaluronic acids remain a great choice

+1

The current work horses in lip augmentation by injection are the hyaluronic acid products known as Juvederm and Restylane. There are a number of other products out there with various FDA-approved indications but these 2 seem to be the most commonly used to my understanding.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Newest and greatest fillers

+1

If I were looking to have filler injected into my face, I would not be looking necessarily for the latest to try. I would instead opt for the tried and true products that have been proven to be safe and effective - including Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse and the collagen products. I would steer clear of permanent fillers as well.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist