Lip Augmentation Incision Techniques for Minimal Scarring?

Are there alternative incision points for Latina women (and other women who scar easily) who want lip augmentation surgery?

+1

I have performed many Lip Augmentations using fillers and lip implants and believe that Alloderm Lip Implants are the gold standard.  This is the opinion that I expressed in a scientific paper that I wrote on Lip Augmentation techniques that included Gore-tex, Alloderm, fascia grafts of various forms and fat transfer.  Alloderm, IMO, was superior to all these other Lip Augmentation techniques.

Minimal Scarring Lip Augmentation

+1

Absolutely!  The incisions for lip augmentation are very small stab incisions that heal so that they are essentially unnoticeable.  Ultimately, it depends on each individual patient, so please consult with your board certified specialist.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Lip augmentation and scars

+1

It is unusual for a lip augmentation incision to not heal well. If it is with a permanent implant. it usually is palcd by the corners of the mouth. 

Lips heal so well that scarring is extremely rare.

+1

Fortunately, lips heal so well that it is rare to get scarring of the lips with lip enhancements whether implants or fillers or surgery. Go ahead and get you those pretty lips you have always wanted. sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon