Lip Augmentation After Chin Implant?

I had a chin implant inserted about a month ago and am pleased with the results. Everything is healing well according to my doctor. I am planning on getting either Restylane or Juvederm injections for lip augmentation later this month. However, I have a little bit of numbness remaining from the procedure, in the left half of my bottom lip. Would it be safe to get injections despite the remaining numbness?

Lip Augmentation After Chin Implant?

+1

Yes, the numbness is from surgical dissection, during Chin Implant placement) near the mental nerve that provides sensation to the lower lip.  Restylane or Juvederm to the lips should not have any nor be effected by the numbness.

Lip augmentation after chin implant

+1

Injections will not interfere with the procedure. The numbness is due to the interruption of the sensory nerves.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Filler after chin implant is fine

+1

There is no problem with having a lip augmentation after your chin implant.  The numbness at your lip is seen sometimes following chin implant placement and is related to stretching of the mental nerve during the procedure.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant and lip numbness

+1

Lip numbness can develop during the chin augmentation and may persist.  Lip fillers can be injected at this time.

Lip Augmentation After Chin Implant?

+1

Absolutely.  Nothing to worry about from filler injections at this time.  It is not uncommon to have a stretch injury to the lower mental nerves during placement of a chin implant and all sensation will likely return over the course of the first 3-6months from the procedure. 

Shepherd G. Pryor, MD
Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentantion after chin implant

+1

Dear Sarah,

Getting Juvederm or Restylane injections a month out from chin implantation will be fine.  We use the chin projection (how much it sticks out on a side view) to gauge how much to fill the lip.  An in-person consultation would be best to see how much you need.  Lip enhancement is a great procedure and can produce high satisfaction rates, it is an exciting time for you, congratulations.

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Lip Fillers after Chin Implant.

+1

It should fine to get the lips augmented with fillers such as juvederm/restylane 1 month after chin implant.  The numbness can take 3-6 months to resolve and there is no contraindication to doing the lip fillers while you wait for your normal sensation to return. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lips and Chin

+1

Congrats on your new profile.  Enhancing the lips is a great idea to complement your new look.  Although not a huge rush, I would consider waiting a little longer for swelling and numbness to go away to ensure not additive effects.  That being said if you are prepping for a big day go for it.  Have a great day.

Dr d

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip injections after chin implant

+1

Morning,

It's fine but it may feel a bit odd after the injection.  I don't see a real safety issue but you should absolutely review that with your surgeon.  On the plus side, you may not feel the needle stick in that spot!

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon