Can I Have a Lip Advancement with Restylane in my Lips?

I had Restylane Perlane injected into my lips, but I found out that it couldn't give me the look I wanted. Instead I need a lip advancement, but if the restylane hasn't gone completely away, can I then still have the operation? I already have an operation date six months after the restylane injection.

Lip advancement can be done with injectable filler in lips

+1

The placement of injectable fillers into the lips is largely into the muscle or deeper tissue of the lips. A lip advancement removes skin, above the muscle, and moves the pink vermilion upward. This is above the level of where most of the injectable filler material would lie. Therefore, It is perfectly safe to do a lip advancement with filler material in the lip. I have done it in my Indianapolis plastic surgery practice numerous times without problems or negatively affecting the lip advancement result.

Restylane

+1

It is always better for you to wait until the restylane has completely dissolved. This product usually lastas about 6 months but can last longer.

Lip Advancement after Restylane lip augmentation.

+1

Restylane, a hyaluronic acid, can be dissolved with the injection of a small amount of hyaluronidase.  This is a very safe treatment with minimal downside.  The injection may take a few days to work, but thereafter you will be at your beginning state prior to the Restylane treatment.  This is recommended before doing a procedure that is permanent.  The surgeon should know exactly how much correction you need without any fillers in your lips.

Dr. Torkian - Lasky Clinic, Beverly Hills.

Behrooz Torkian, MD