Do Lingual Braces Work for Crowded Teeth?
Doctor Answers (4)
Yes they will!
Linguals braces or braces which are attached behind the teeth are an invisible way to straighten teeth. They can be used to treat any type of malocclusion including "crowded teeth".
Dr. James Awbrey
Lingual Braces are Just Braces on the Inside of Your Teeth
Lingual (invisible) braces are just just braces mounted on the inside of your teeth. They have all the same parts, produce forces the same way, and require cooperation (and Advil) just like regular braces. Although there are some cases that are better treated with conventional braces, lingual braces are appropriate for most mild to moderate orthodontic problems... including crowding. Visit an orthodontist experienced with lingual braces to see if you're a good candidate.
Yes, It works for crowded teeth
Lingual braces, as with traditional brace will correct and align crowded teeth. However, lingual braces will usually cost more, take more time.
You might also like...
IBraces for a comfortable lingual experience
Yes, these work very well for crowded teeth.
iBraces Orthodontic Braces are a new generation of orthodontic braces for teens and adults. Because they are placed behind your teeth, no one will ever know you are wearing braces unless you tell them.
iBraces Appliances are the only 100% customized fixed appliance system for invisible orthodontic treatment on the U.S. market today. They are created using state-of-the-art technology and are completely customized to the shape of your teeth and to your dental situation. And they have the unique prescription that your orthodontist creates for you built-in, to ensure you get the results that you want
There are many reasons to choose iBraces™ Orthodontic Braces:
* Aesthetics: Because they are placed on the back side or your teeth, you can look great while you straighten your teeth…invisibly
* Customization: iBraces Appliances are 100% customized for you
* Comfort: Most patients experience minimal discomfort and speech interference – after a short adjustment period you will be able to eat and speak normally
* Technology: Our braces have the unique prescription that your orthodontist creates for you built-in to the specially-engineered brackets and wires
* Fewer wire adjustments can mean fewer visits to the orthodontist
* Unlike other methods of aesthetic treatment, iBraces Appliances are flexible enough to be used on most patients.
* Since nothing is placed on the front side of your teeth, you won’t have to worry about decalcification or damage to the visible surface of your teeth
* Since brackets are made from gold, nickel allergies are not a concern
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.