Lingual Braces vs. Regular Braces?

I have researched but haven’t found much on this. Do they work just like regular braces except on the back of teeth? I'm looking for a doctor in the Orlando area who has experience with lingual braces. But haven’t found many doctors who specialize in it. Please, tell me what you know and how can I find a doctor in my area who knows well about this treatment.

Lingual braces are awesome!!!

+4

Hi Doe Doe,

Lingual braces are a great way to acheive predictable treatment results in almost any type of malocclusion.  They do work quite a bit different than conventional braces.  That is why only certain docotrs use them.  They must go through specific training and expererience to be certified.  I am a big fan of "Incognito" braces which you can find information about at the website for "hiddenbraces".  What is neat about them is that they are customized for each patient, so it provides truly efficient treatment in most cases.  On the website, you can search for doctors in your area who are certified to use these.  I know there are at leasat two in the Orlando area.  That is pretty typical, even in large cities.  If everyone did it  - it wouldn't be special!

Atlanta Orthodontist

Suresmile Orthodontists Offer Lingual (Invisible) Braces

+1

One reason there are not a lot of orthodontist offering lingual bracses is because it is more difficult to treat patients and get acceptable results with braces located on the inside of the teeth. Suresmile technology allows orthodontists to make all necessary adjustments using digital tools on a computer. Since the wires are formed by a computer controlled robot (i.e. CAD/CAM) it doesn't matter to the orthodontist where the brackets are located. If you are having trouble finding an orthodontist in Orlando who offers lingual braces, you should start looking for one who is experience with Suresmile and then you'll have your man! (or woman)

Greg Jorgensen, DMD, MS
Albuquerque Orthodontist

Lingual braces behind the teeth

+1

Lingual braces work as well and similarly to "regular" braces. there is a special training required to use them and not many doctors choose to receive the training. Lingual braces are usually much more expensive than regular braces. The cost of the appliance is higher as is the doctor time required. the main PRO is that they do not  show... the mnai COn is the discomfort on the tongue and the higher cost. your decision!

Mojdah Akhavan, DDS
San Diego Orthodontist

Lingual Braces

+1

the 

Lingual braces are a great chouice for those who want braces that don't want people to know it.  3M makes incognito braceswhich are custom and work very well.  I suggest you visit their site and maybe get a referral from them.  Until recently there were some humps or difficulties getting to

Lawrence Singer, DMD
Washington Cosmetic Dentist