Lines, Ridges, and Wrinkling 2 Weeks After Abdominal Lipo?

I had abdominal lipo about 2 weeks ago. At first when I took off the bandages, I thought it looked fine. Then, I began to swell for about a week, which I know is normal. After, the swelling subsided, I awoke one morning to these lines or wrinkles with hardness or ridges in between. They seem to be worse after sitting for long periods. Will these eventually improve? I'm also going on a trip in a week (about a 6 hr car drive). Could this ride be detrimental to my results?

Skin ridges after liposuction

+2
The lines we see in your pictures seem to be parallel, suggestion they are most likely from the bandage/garment you were wearing after surgery. You should aggressively massage that entire area to smooth it out. I ask my patients to remove their garments 2-3 times a day for 5-10 min and then put them on just a bit differently to avoid garment lines always sitting in the same spot. This helps to prevent the ridging from always sitting in the same spot. Sincerely, Martin JUGENBURG, MD

Binders after tummy tuck

+2

I think you may be using a poor binder that could be digging into your skin. Switch to an elastic or neoprene binder which is more flexible for the area. Definitely start with some gentle lymphatic massaging to the area. Using a flint roller has been useful in this stage. Also, do not use a binder on your trip since the sitting position will dig the binder into the skin which may make your situation worse.

Sean T. Lille, MD

Ridges after liposuction

+1

These parallel ridges can be due to your binder. I would agree to not wear your compressive garment for a long trip when you are sitting. Aggressive massage should help and your surgeon might consider a series of ultrasound treatments. Be careful that your compressive garment is not forming ridges when you sit. You might switch to a thinner more flexible panty that you can find in most department stores.

Richard Linderman, MD

Liposuction and creases

+1

if your parallel horizontal creases in an otherwise flat tummy is a result of creases in the abdominal compression garment, you may need a slightly larger size.  Some physicians recommend a sheet of foam under the compression garment (without adhesive) to minimize this contour irregularity.  Endermologie or Velasahape may help your creases.  Don't wear the compression garment on a long car trip if you can put a slightly larger one on, or none at all, just so there are no creases digging in to your skin on a long cart trip in which you're just sitting in one motionless spot.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Lymphatic drainage massage helps a lot after liposuction of stomach

+1

Hi.

I would recommend several massage sessions as soon as possible.  These ridges can quickly become permanent.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)