I Have a Line of White Bumps Where the Stitches Were Taken Out. It's Been 12 Days Since my Eyelid Surgery. Will They Go Away?

Is it normal to have white bumps over the eyelid surgery scars 12 days after the surgery.

+1

The eyelid skin heals very quickly, so the sticks have to be removed early. I remove them between 3 to 6 days after the surgery. If the stitches are left in for too long, it can results in cysts. Small cysts or milia can be opened with a needle by your doctor in the office. 12 days is early for a cyst to form. You might heal just fine and have no problems. You should just wait.

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Bumps after Eyelid or Blepharoplasty Surgery

+1

This is very common and you should not worry.

After a Blepharoplasty the incision can get little irregularities or bumps. These almost always resolve without question. This location for incisions is very special and has a reputation for healing very well.

Sometimes you can get little cysts or bumps that are called milia. They look like white heads but are not. Do not try and pop them. Leave them alone. They will usually go away. If they don't your doctor can simply pop them out typically with no expense.

Overall, everything sounds normal. Best wishes!

Chris Saunders MD

Christopher Saunders, MD
West Chester Plastic Surgeon

Bumps after eyelid surgery

+1

Having bumps after eyelid surgery is fairly common and will likely resolve on its own.  You should be sure to discuss this issue with your surgeon.

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is very common to have "bumps" where the sutures were.   Give it time, at least 3 months and they should markedly improve.   If they don't, return to your doctor with concerns.   Remember, actual wound healing takes approx 1 year.   Good luck  

Constance M. Barone, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

White lines along the stitched area

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

With out a photo or a thorough examination nothing definitive can be said about your situation. However, it is not uncommon for the sutures to leave what appear to be bumps along the suture line. As the healing process progresses and scar matures these things usually resolve.  Keep in mind that you are still in the very early stages of healing so please be patient. If you are concerned, follow up with your PS and ask his/her professional opinion.
Best of luck to you.

David Cangello, MD

White bumps after blepharoplasty could be tunnels or just blocked glands

+1

If the stitches were removed after 7 days there is a good chance you have developed tunnels around those stitches.  If that winds up being the case, those will need to be removed surgically since they are like healed tunnels from a piercing.  They may just be milia (whiteheads), however which are just some blocked superficial skin glands.  That problem is relatively easy to correct since they are so superficial and can be scraped or extracted.  You should return to your surgeon to be evaluated.

Myles Goldflies, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon