I Have a Line in One Cheek 1 Month PO-Will This Go Away?

One month out from facelift/ neck lift my left cheek has a line, something under the skin is being pulled tighter than the rest perhaps a muscle or ligament (I am not sure). but it is very noticeable, it goes on an upward angle from the lower cheek to the middle of the ear. Will this go away? So far my results are less than expected as far as my jaw line, it is still not defined. That was the point to the surgery. The dr had said I didn't need any upper work. I also had breast reconstruction.

Line in Cheek after Facelift at 1 Month

+1

The line in the cheek at 1 month following facelift may be due to skin redrape issues or tightness of the underlying SMAS - skin junction.  Hard to say without a photo or an exam.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Will line in cheek go away?

+1

At least a photo and at best a direct exam would be needed to know what is causing this line.  The possible causes depend on what type of facelift you had.  It may be suture if you had a thread lift, a suture line from a SMAS flap or plication or just some scar tissue from the healing process.  Your surgeon should be made aware of your concern and would be best able to tell you how this will resolve over the next several months.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Line on face following facelift

+1

I agree photos would help

One month is a little early to consider an irregularity permanent

it may be that you are seeing a ridge from a smas plication - this is sometimes the case with smas plication and it is for that reason I prefer a smas flap

Either way I would wait until you get to 3 months before considering this line a permanent feature

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Line on face after facelift

+1

You need to resubmit your question with photos for a better answer. But it sounds like a tension line and would indicate the direction the skin and or deep tissues were pulled. It may take a  more vertical pull to define the jawline. All you can do at this point is wait for several months and let the natural maturation take place in the surgical results. After 8-12 months, if the line isn't gone (it probably will be) it can be revised.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Cheek line towards the ear after facelift

+1

This is difficult to answer without examination. I would recommend that you discuss your concerns with your surgeon. He knows best what the reasons for the line are and what to expect.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon