Limited time frame for hyaluronidase to work?

I saw a dermatologist that told me her manufacturer's rep for hyaluronidase told her it must be used within 3 months of hyauloronic acid injection for the hyaluronidase to work. I've never seen this time frame cited on this website. Can anyone account for this discrepancy? Has anyone heard of this?

Hyaluronidase time frame

+1
In my experience, there is no set time frame within which hyaluronidase needs to be injected to remove an HA filler.  I don't know of any data that substantiates a point at which hyaluronidase would be ineffective. As an enzyme that dissolves Hyaluronic acid, Hyaluronidase should be effective as long as the substance is still intact.

Saratoga Springs Plastic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase for filler removal

+1

As a board certified plastic surgeon, I rely on scientific literature more than I would on information from a pharmaceutical representative.

I am not aware of this limited time frame.

If your filler is hyaluronic-acid-based and as long as there is still filler present, then hyaluronidase should work to remove it.

It is an all or none phenomenon, meaning the hyaluronidase removes all the filler, not selectively part of it.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

When can you have hyaluronidase

+1
I have used hyaluronidase for many years. I have seen many reps about it. I have never been told this and have actually seen it prove to be 100% NOT the case. Hyaluronidase will work on any hyaluronic acid. It has no idea how long it's been there.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD