Limited Incision Brachioplasty Doctor

If it were you or your significant other, who would you have do the limited incision brachioplasty? I would like to have this done now, but I'll wait for fall and would like someone exp. I cannot seem to locate anyone in MN that has performed several. Thanks.

Brachialplasty

+2

An arm lift with the incision primarily "tucked" into the armpit can remove and lift some excess skin after weight loss. But, if there is much hanging skin, this will do little to remove it and you may need a larger incision. I always try to do the least amount of incisions and yet make the patient happy and take care of the problem. Unfortunately, arm scars in many cases do not heal well so it is best to make smaller cuts. I am offering a tem,porary price reduction due to the economy as well as excellent financing. I am President of the American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons. Watch my videos!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Best Candidates for Limited Incision Brachioplasty

+2

Before undergoing brachioplasty, it is important to be examined and discuss realistic expectation for your body type. A limited incision brachioplasty could be sufficient depending on the amount of skin to be removed, as well as the elasticity of that skin. For patients with more excess skin that is not as tight, a full incision brachioplasty will be a better option. Without an examination, it is hard to say which option will be best for you.

I recommend visiting several surgeons to discuss your goals with them. They should be able to talk candidly with you about realistic expectations - including whether or not limited incision brachioplasty will produce the results you are looking to achieve. Although full incision brachioplasty leaves a longer scar down the length of the arm, advanced techniques and the use of a silicone based scar cream will be able to help the scar fade and become more discrete.

Tarick K. Smaili, MD

Limited Incision Brachioplasty Doctor

+1

I believe the most important thing is to find a board-certified plastic surgeon with a significant amount of experience. I would first check the American Board of plastic surgery website and find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your neighborhood. It is also very important to find someone that has significant experience. Do not sign up to be someone's plastic surgery experiment or guinea pig. Arm lift  or brachioplasty scars can be very difficult to revise if done incorrectly. I would not rush into plastic surgery. If you cannot find somebody in your neighborhood I would then travel to find an experienced plastic surgeon who has done a significant number of arm lifts or brachioplasties.  Good luck with your surgery. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Arm Lifting Concerns?

+1

Arm lifting surgery can be an excellent operation for the right patient. Understandably, one of the main concerns/downsides of the arm lift surgery is a resulting scar. Careful planning of the operation is critical  in executing the operation and determining the final position of the resulting scar.  In my opinion, a scar that ends up along the very lower border of the upper arm is the best tolerated scar,  since it is hard to see from the front or back when a patient's arms are by his/her side.

On the other hand, a scar placed in the bicipital groove ( between the biceps and triceps) may be  more visible/bothersome to the patient ( again, in my opinion).

Short  scar arm lifting surgery may be very “limited” and it's effectiveness.  This may be one reason why you have had a hard time finding a significant number of before/after pictures demonstrating good results.

Generally speaking, patients should be aware of undergoing “limited” procedures;  be careful you may very well end up with “limited” results as well.

I hope this  (and the attached link) helps.

Be careful.

+1

While I understand the desire to limit incisions on a brachioplasty to limit scarring, beware of what you ask. Limited incision brachioplasty might have a high chance of not improving the problem. The problem for which brachioplasty is performed is lose skin and at this juncture that can only be addressed well by removal of that excess skin.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Limited incision brachioplasty

+1

I amnot a big fan of th elimited brachioplasty incision procedures. I do not like the way the skin is gathered in the axilla, and the loose skin inthe lower arm ahs to be treated in a different direction( longitudinal).

CAST Liposuction combined with minibrachioplasty produces excellent upper arm contour

+1

Liposuction for upper arm contouring can produce excellent results in individuals with good skin laxity. I recommend the Circumferential para-Axillary Superficial Tumescent (CAST) technique for upper arm contouring. The use of tumescent anesthesia, micro cannula, and meticulous post operative care maximizes skin retraction and can give excellent improvement. If there is skin laxity, a brachioplasty may be required to tighten the skin. The minibrachioplasty is ideal for correcting the loose skin in the upper third of the inner arm. An ellipse of skin is removed from the axilla (arm pit) and the thin skin of the upper inner arm is advanced and tightened. The scar generally heals well and is well hidden, allowing you to wear short sleeves and sleeveless blouses.

Of interest, I just had the opportunity to present the results of my most recent 190 cases of liposuction of the upper arm at the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons in San Francisco last week. Of these patients, 38 also had minibrachioplasties. The satisfaction rate was extremely high. I generally try to avoid performing a full Brachioplasty unless the skin is extremely loose. In such cases the resulting improvement in the contour of the arm can be dramatic, but the scars are difficult to hide.

Please consult with a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best regards,

Andrew Lyos, M.D., FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Staged brachioplasties to shorten the scar

+1

Depending upon the degree of skin laxity and associated fat remaining in the arm flaps, you may be eligible for 'staged' procedures.  This is frequently done in patients after weight loss to take advantage of the skin's ability to retract somewhat after liposuction.  In a staged brachioplasty, I perform liposuction of the arms first, allow the the arms to heal and settle down for 3 to 6 months, and then perform the actual skin excision, with hopefully a shorter  scar than the patient would have had before the liposuction.  Also, this allows for a better contour to the arm prior to excision of excess skin.  Many plastic surgeons lipo the arms during the actual surgery to also improve the contour for a better final result.   I stage almost all of my procedures, especially tummy tucks and mini tummy tucks, both for better final contour and to take advantage of skin retraction after liposuction.

Eleanor J. Barone, MD

Limited Scar Brachioplasty

+1

Body contouring surgery usually involves the removal of considerable amounts of skin.  The tradeoff for better contour is an incision of appropriate length to remove the excess skin.  LIMITED scar brachioplasty in this patient population usually equals LIMITED results.

Good Luck.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Brachioplasty

+1

The type of Brachioplasty, i.e. full incision, limited incision and so on depend on many things.  on the severity of the laxity. The results you desire and your acceptance to the scar. and what type of scar your body forms.

Discuss all this with your Board certified Plastic Surgeon