Will I Need to Limit my Joint Medication Before a Brow Lift?

What are some preventative measures that can be taken before a brow lift if the patient takes steroidal anti-inflammatory medication for joint pain.

Medications to limit before brow lift

+1

Each situation is unique and only your surgeon knows the specific details of your medical history and should be the person commenting on peri-operative questions such as this

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/brow_lift.php

NSAID medications and browlift

+1

The vast majority of NSAID type medications used for arthritis have the side effect of making bruising and bleeding more of a problem.  So, most surgeons have their patients stop these prior to surgery.  We typically review the list of "things to avoid" at the pre-op appointment, about 2 weeks prior to surgery.

Medication adjustment before brow surgery?

+1

Patients and surgeons alike do not want a regular medication to negatively interfere with the goals of a safe surgery. Certain medications, including those for joint/anti-inflammation issues, can interfere with proper clotting. Other medications that might contribute to increased bleeding include NSAIDS, and aspirin-containing products. The more potent ones such as heparin (warfarin), and Plavix are designed to actually inhibit clotting. Even certain foods such as high levels of garlic, ginseng, ginkgo biloba  and other 'herbs" may have an effect as may certain compounds in chocolate, wines, and other fermented drinks. Your surgeon may have other proscriptions, as well. 

Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Steroidal, Anti-inflammatory Medication before a Brow Lift

+1

Whenever possible. it is best to avoid any medication which will interfer with a patient's ability to form clots to control bleeding before elective cosmetic surgery such as a brow lift. Your internist or rheumatologist and surgeon will recommend when and for how long you you should not take the medication. This is a minor problem that all of us doing this work  frequently encounter.

+1

Any medication that thins the blood should be avoided before a Brow Lift or any surgery IMHO however, these are questions that should be discussed with your internist and plastic & cosmetic surgeon.

Web reference: http://thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Medication Management before Brow Lift?

+1

I am sure you will be meeting with your plastic surgeon prior to your surgery for a “pre-operative visit”. During this visit your surgeon will review “do's and don'ts” including medications that should be stopped prior to the facial surgery. Some consultation with your rheumatologist ( if you have one) may be helpful if the medications you are taking are essential to your function and/or pain relief.

Generally speaking, medications that may interfere with blood clotting should be stopped at least 2 weeks prior to surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_foreheadlift.htm