What is the Likelihood That I Won't Lose Weight After Having a Gastric Bypass?

I have heard that there are some people who have this surgery and don't lose weight at all, or very little. What is the likelihood that this will happen and how do I make sure it doesn't happen to me?

Can you not lose weight after gastric bypass?

+1

It would be pretty hard not to lose weight after gastric bypass surgery.  Most patients will lose between 70 - 80% of their excess weight in the in the first year after gastric bypass surgery.  It is important to remember that bariatric surgery is a tool and not a cure for obesity and you need to work with it to get the best results.

Long Island Bariatric Surgeon