What is the Likelihood of an Allergic Reaction to Juvederm if I Had a Reaction to Botox?

What is the difference between Juvederm and Botox? Are the ingredients for Juvederm safer than Botox?

Botox and Juvederm

+1

Botox and Juvederm are completely different products with different chemical structures.  Being allergic to one product will not make you allergic to the other.  If you have concerns, you can have a small test site injected with either product.

Toronto Dermatologist

Botox and juvederm do not share chemical structure

+1

Allergies to Botox and Juvederm, and Restylane, are extremely rare. If you had a reaction, it might be a different type of reaction other than allergy. The botox molecule and the hyaluronic acid molecule in Juvederm are completely different, so even if you were allergic to one, you shouldn't be allergic to the other.

Likelihood of an allergic reaction to Juvederm after a Botox reaction?

+1

The chance of an allergic reaction to Juvederm is quite rare and would not be increased by a reaction to Botox which is a neurotoxin and as such completely unrelated to Juvederm which is a hyaluronic acid based product.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

+1

I would say that your chances of having an allergic reaction to juvederm are slim to none.

Recent studies have show no reported allergies to this product, and I have not see a true allergy to this product.

Dr. Malouf

Web reference: http://www.mytotalskincare.com

Dallas Dermatologist

Allergies to both BOTOX and Juvederm are rare.

+1

Assuming that you in fact had an actual allergy to BOTOX, the likelihood of you also having an allergy to Juevederm is very low but not zero.  If you are concerned about this, I recommend that you have your cosmetic surgeon apply a test injection of Juvederm somewhere inconspicuous like the arm.  If you have no reaction to the injection after 10 days then it is improbable you will have an issue with the product.  Just remember that allergies can develop anytime.  So if you think you are having a problem, immediately bring this to the attention of your injecting physician.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com/botox/

Allergic reaction to Botox and Juvederm

+1

These are completely different substances.  A reaction to one will not predict a reaction to the other.  True allergic reactions to either are very rare!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Juvederm is safe if you have a Botox allergy

+1

Botox and juvederm are completely different products and therefore have no cross reactivity. Botox works by decreasing muscle contraction in the treated area while Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid filler that fills in lines and wrinkles. The only similarity is that the two products are made by the company, Allergan. You should have no problem with Juvederm treatment!

Bentonville Dermatologist

Botox and juvederm not at all the same

+1

Botox and Juvederm are not at all the same so a cross reaction would be unlikely unless there is something in common to both such as a preservative etc.. that I am unaware of. You could ask Allergan that before injecting. Without knowing the nature of your "allergic reaction" the only other thing that I can think of that could be common to both is an allergy to something that the doctor uses on your face prior to injection. Make sure you discuss this with your doctor. I have seen reaction to my numbing cream. 

Web reference: http://brookwooddermatology.com

Birmingham Dermatologist

Botox and juvederm

+1

they are totally different products. they work differently, one blocking function, and one filling in the wrinkles. reactions to either are very uncommon, and having an issue with one should not indicate a reaction to the other.

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

No cross reactivity between Botox and Juvederm

+1

The two products are unrelated and there is no reason to expect any untoward reaction from Botox to be predictive of one with Juvederm.

Long Island Dermatologist