I never liked my nose. Should I have surgery? (Photo)

I'd like a tip that doesn't look "droopy" specially when I smile.What needs to be done to my nose to give a delicate tip, and narrow my nostrils?

I never liked my nose. Should I have surgery?

+1
The tip can be refined and the nostrils can be reduced as well.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed hundreds of rhinoplasties. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Delicate tip and narrow nostrils

+1
The delicate or defined tip can be done with a tip plasty (reduction of tip cartilages and suturing to make it more defined).
The width of nostrils can be narrowed with Alarplasty (wedge excisions on the side of the nose where the nose meets the cheek)
Regards
Dr J
Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Yes, you are a candidate for a rhinoplasty surgery.  You can thin and refine the nose through a closed rhinoplasty.  Yes, you can also address the droopy tip at the same time. 

Rhinoplasty for a delicate nose tip

+1
Rhinoplasty can be done to narrow and refine the nasal tip.  Typically cartilage grafts to support the tip and provide a narrower underlying tip structure are utilized.

Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon who has an excellent reputation in your community and many years of rhinoplasty experience.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

+1
If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough, the areas that you described and would like improved can be addressed with a subtle natural appearing rhinoplasty performed by an expert artistic plastic surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience. Only you can determine if you should have surgery.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure with you and your parents may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

+1
The rhinoplasty procedure can address narrowing and refining of the nose. The nostrils can be narrowed with an alar plasty . It's important to release the depressor septi ligament( if present) that pulls the tip down when smiling. Narrowing the tip is accomplished with either tip suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilages or a conservative cartilage removal.

+1
Dear Marissa, thank you for your question.Rhinoplasty is a popular procedure that can dramatically change one's appearance. In our San Diego practice we perform computer imaging to determine what may be possible in your case. Actual before and after photos are a good way to evaluate your surgeon.Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Never liked my nose

+1
If you feel this way on a daily basis consultation for rhinoplasty is a next step. Computer simulation can provide the best insights into the new you and way to see what you like.

Nose

+1
Thank you for the one photo though an examination is really needed. That said your nose can be refined to an appearance you would be happy with. Go on consults with board certified Plastic Surgeons in your area and get their opinions. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon