Ask a doctor

I would like some work done on bulbous nose. What would price range be like? Would payment plan be an option? (Photo)

I would like for the bottom half of my my nose. (Bulbous tip) to be slimmer and I guess I don't know. I just want something done so its just not as big. I have to leave for the navy soon so I guess I can start saving up once I'm in. I need to know if I could remove that extra cartilage sometime this year and how much would it cost. If I can get that part done by the winter. Maybe in a year or so I can worry about narrowing the bridge if need. So about how much should I need saved. To get this.

Doctor Answers (3)

Rhinoplasty candidate to narrow the bridge and tip

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The rhinoplasty procedure would involve narrowing the nasal bones with osteotomies, narrowing the nasal tip, and an alar plasty to narrow the wide nostrils. This is a full rhinoplasty, not a tip-rhinoplasty.

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 60 reviews

African American Rhinoplasty.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You can have just the lower third made smaller as long as u realize the upper 2/3 will look wider, and can be addressed later. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who is very familiar with AA rhinoplasty. 

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Rhinoplasty Cost

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Congrats on your interest in improving your nasal appearance. You would benefit from a full rhinoplasty including tip work and nasal ala reductions. Cost varies between surgeons. Most of us offer financing options. I would recommend meeting with a few surgeons to get a feel for price range as well as appearance expectations.


David Shifrin, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 61 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.