Why Do These Look Like Torpedos? There is No Slope, Just a Huge Bump. Are These Messed Up? (photo)

I got these done july 10, so it's been 5 days... I had 330ccs put in, saine smooth, mod profile. I also had my "tails" liposuctioned, hence the black and blue. These are sitting incredibly high and the "tops" are bothering me. I haven't ever seen pictures that look like mine- riding high but with a huge bump? I currently do not wear any bra due to the horrendous discomfort of the lipo'd area. Is that top puffyness "torpedo" look going to go away or do I already have a capsular contraction?

Wait 3-4 months before assessing results

+1
When breast implants are first put into your body, they typically sit higher up in the chest. This is because it’s the path of least resistance – your body requires some time to adjust to their presence, regardless of whether they’ve been placed in a sub-mammary (between breast tissue and chest muscle) or sub-muscular (under both the breast and chest muscle). Immediately following surgery, you’ll find that your newly enhanced breasts appear very full and swollen, especially in the upper portion above the nipples. Your skin will most likely look very tight and your nipples may point slightly downward as well. This may make the shape and overall appearance of your breasts appear unnatural. Don’t worry, because they will change for the better, something casually known as “dropping and fluffing”.

As your body accommodates to your new implants, you’ll notice that your breasts will gradually look more and more natural – the way you hoped they’d be! Over the course of about three to four months, your body creates new skin to accommodate the additional volume of your implants. This natural process is called “tissue expansion”, and relieves the tightness you may be experiencing. It allows for the implants to settle more into a better position with the help of gravity. A gradual redistribution of volume from the upper to the lower breast occurs, resulting in an enlargement and rounding out of the lower breast.
Although it's often called "dropping", it is more like "redistribution". The "fluffing" part refers to the impression that the lower breast enlarges and that your skin softens with the creation of new tissues. The extent to which this occurs depends on several factors, including the implant size, the tightness of your skin, and your body shape.

This takes longer in patients with smaller breasts and tighter skin. Ask your surgeon if a bandage wrapped around the top portion of your breasts can help.

Healing time after breast implants

+1

Healing takes time and patience, which nobody has!  It will take three or more months for the breast to settle.  Especially, when you consider the added insult of the liposuction to the axilla.  Being able to almost place your chin on your breast is very common.  You will gradually see them drop into position and be less pointy.  It will take longer if they have been put behind the muscle.  You are where you should be at this point.

Good luck and thank you for the question

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD FACS

Anire Okpaku, MD FACS

Early after Breast Augmentation Surgery

+1

You are still very early in the recovery phase.  As your body recovers from surgery, the implants will likely settle into the pockets and you will see that the shape will change as this occurs.

I suggest that you be patient and continue your follow up appointments with your doctor to allow him/her to get your through the recovery process.

The shape of your breasts will change in the weeks to come

+1
Hello, There will be a few changes in the shape of your breasts that you will see over the next handful of weeks as healing progresses. Including decrease in the upper pole swelling and relaxation of the center and lower pole. Together these changes will result in a more natural shape. All the best, Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD