Does It Look Like I Will Get Symmastia? (photo)

I had my lift and implants done 2 days ago. And I'm worried I'm going to get symmastia. The skin between my breasts doesn't seem to be attached to chest bone.. Is that just swelling?? Or am I just paranoid?

Acute post-op recovery

+1

You have marked swelling but it will improve and diminish with time.  Your surgeon knows he/she did not make one pocket so it should be fine.  Your mounds will be close together but they pockets should still be separate.  Keep your surgeon informed of your concerns so your surgeon can reassure you it will be good.

Breast implants close together is not synmastia.

+1

Your implants are very close together but synmastia means that the two pockets have to be joined. I see no evidence for this.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Two days after surgery

+1

You are only 2 days postop.  You have swelling which is totally normal.  Based on your photo, I do not see any synmastia.  Be patient as it takes at least 4-6 weeks to see your final results.  Please followup with your PS.  I'm sure you will love your results once you are all healed.

Dr. Basu

Symmastia at two days after surgery?

+1

it does not look like you are developing symmastia. It is best to wait and allow for the swelling to go down and the breast to settle.

Does It Look Like I Will Get Symmastia?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. There is no indication on your photograph that you have for will potentially develop symmastia. Most likely, as you mentioned, swelling is the cause of the concerns you have over the sternum.

As always, your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to more specific input and/or or reassurance.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_symmastia.htm