Looking For Second Opinion- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I visited a plastic surgeon and he acted like I should not do rhinoplasty because he said it would only be minor changes and he did not think it was worth it. What do you think? Do you think I need rhinoplasty? Mainly I do not like the front view of my nose. It is too large and round at the tip and my nose is not symmetrical. My plastic surgeon suggested blepharoplasty instead. Thanks.

Blepharoplasty More Beneficial Than Rhinoplasty

+1

Your plastic surgeon gave you good advice. There is very little wrong wtih your  nose. The changes that might be made are so minor you would feel that " it was not worth it".

If you look at many websites you will see that most people having rhinoplasty have many nasal imperfections. Your nose is quite good. Stick with it.

Yes, the lower lid bags should go!

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may lead to subtle improvements in the appearance of your nose.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

Your tip is wide, and you may have a slight indentation along the right side of your bridge. You may want to consult several rhinoplasty specialists that do computer-imaging to get an idea of what to expect after surgery.

I would not suggest lower eyelid surgery. You may be a better off consulting a dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in the delicate art of using fillers to improve the appearance of your lower eyelid bags.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

I don't understand the reasoning of the plastic surgeon you saw. Your requests seem reasonable and your assessment seems fair. Your posted photos are out of focus but it looks like your bridge is C-shaped concave to the right. That alone would be justification for a rhinoplasty. It sounds like you need to see another surgeon face to face for a second opinion.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Do I 'Need' a Rhinoplasty?

+1

I don't know if anybody 'needs' a rhinoplasty, but  minimal changes could be made to improve your nose. I suggest that you get another consultation. I would do the surgery on a patient like you if I felt your goals and expectations were reasonable. Your critique of your nose is appropriate.

Do you need a rhinoplasty?

+1

You don't need anything. Cosmetic surgery is done for those people who are concerned about something specific that they want to improve. It's not up to me, the plastic surgeon you saw, or anyone else. Unless you have specific concerns about your nose I would not do anything about it. You would only be disappointed. The plastic surgeon's comments that "it would only be a minor correction" and therefore "not worth it" makes no sense. Sometimes all it takes is a small correction to make someone extremely happy.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Rhinoplasty do you need it

+1

You have a nice looking nose. When I analyze your nose I see small dorsal which is larger on the left side and the right and a mildly bulbous tip. Surgically you could take down the dorsal hump and  improve the symmetry between the right and left sides. You can also refine the tip.

Your nose looks good and you don't need this but if these things bother you I think they can be improved. The other thing to remember is that a imperfect nose has more character than a perfect nose.

The real question is whether you like the way your nose looks are not.

Wendell Perry, MD

Looking For Second Opinion- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and "need" is a relative term IMHO.  Your nose overall looks pretty good.  There's a slight dorsal hump that could be reduced and the nasal tip could be thinned using a retrograde tip plasty during a Rhinoplasty.  If these changes are what your are seeking, then there's no reason, IMO, that you couldn't have a Rhinoplasty.  Perhaps the other surgeon was suggesting that you would not see a drastic change, after a Rhinoplasty, which I concur.  I do agree that a lower eyelid surgery would help, as there is evidence of lower eyelid fat bags.

Do you need a rhinoplasty

+1

The key to deciding if you might need a rhinoplasty is whether the changes are significant and meaningful to you. Computer simulation may help you 'see' the potential of rhinoplasty and demonstrate a possible result your surgeon feels is achievable. If you like what you see, then the need might be there.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Rhinoplasty

+1

From the photos you posted, it does look like you can have refinement of the tip, but you would definitely need a formal exam in person to better evaluate you.

+1

Over the internet after examining the posted photos I would agree with your desire for a rhinoplasty. But ALWAYS better to be see in person. Seek additional opinions in person.