Does It Look Like I Am a Revision Candidate? (photo)

I am 1 year post op, i am unhappy with my results, my tummy is still full and I have skin i can grab when even ever so slightly bent over. I do understand that with my stretch marks that my skin quality is poor but i have quite a bit of extra skin that hangs when bent over/sitting. My PS gave me a consult and I am scheduled for lipo/skin removal. I am looking for a second opinion

Does It Look Like I Am a Revision Candidate?

+3

Yes you are a candidate for revision of your tummy tuck.

We surgeons are anxious to please our patients and try to remove as much skin as we can. I tell my patients that we must flex their hips in the operating room in order to get the skin closed.

However, do keep in mind that skin will relax in the weeks and months after surgery. The loose, stretched skin that brought you to your plastic surgeon in the first place is especially likely to relax.

You have a good result that is likely to be made better still with a revision.

Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.vancouvercosmeticsurgery.ca

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Definitely

+3

You are definitely a candidate for revision.  While you got a nice result from the first surgery, you did have severe skin laxity to begin with and were at risk for some degree of recurrence.  The second surgery should give you even more improvement.

Chattanooga Plastic Surgeon

Redo a Tummy Tuck

+3

Yes, you are a candidate to get the tummy touched up. Whenever I do a tummy tuck on a patient with severly damaged skin like yours was I tell them there is a 50% chance it will relax too much and we will have to retighten in in 1 year. So go ahead with the surgery and you'll have a great summer.

Does It Look Like I Am a Revision Candidat

+2

Yes, you are a good candidate for a revision of your abdominoplasty.

With the state of her preoperative skin as illustrated in the photos your kind enough to send the possibility of recurrent laxity is rather predictable.

Based on these photos and without the benefit of an actual examination it looks like the revision would be limited to a mini abdominoplasty, with the surgical field limited to the lower part of the abdomen below the navel. This should make it possible to remove the excess skin and have the added benefit given the right lower incision.

Good luck and best wishes

Revision plan

+2

Thank you for posting your photos.  Your plastic surgeon's revision plan sounds reasonable.  Best of luck!.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Tummy Tuck Revisionary Surgery Candidate?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I would agree that you are an excellent candidate for revision a tummy tuck surgery;  excision of additional skin and subcutaneous tissues will be helpful (and can be carried out much more safely now than during the initial operation).

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/revisionary-tummy-tuck.htm

Full tummy tuck redo

+1

Thank you for the question and the excellent photos.  The short answer is that you can have a terrific result if a full tummy tuck revision or "redo" is performed.  Some liposuction may be beneficial but most of your result will be from excising  excess laxity and tightening your abdominal wall.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/tummy-tuck.cfm

Revision tummy tuck

+1

Liposuction may be marginally helpful depending on the site that is proposed. A revision TT will defintely help and the adequate tightening of the fascia is the key to providing the shape that the skin is made to drape over.

Do you need a revision after your abdominoplasty

+1

Your result will definitely be improved with a revision removing both skin and underlying fat with liposuction. I agree with your PS about your skin being of poor quality following having a child or children. This is demonstrated by the multiple dtretch marks in your skin.  Much of the elasticity of your skin has been damaged. Considering this fact, you have a good result. It is likely that after the revision, you will still have some laxity in your abdominal skin when bending over simply becasue of the lack of elasticity. No procedure can change that, but I think the revision will be an improvement that you should find very positive. Good luck.

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate for revision tummy tuck

+1

You are very good candidate for revision abdominoplasty.  Essentially, everything from your bellybutton down to the level of the scar will be removed as well as liposuction performed in your flanks.  This will give you the final result to be improved over your previous procedure.