I Would Like to Know if I Can Get Axillary Breast Tissue Removed? Does It Has Any Side Effects?

Dear All MDs, I would like to know if I would be remover "Axillary Breast",Does it has any side effect? I'm from Thailand and I have got much pain on its area but It has juz one side of surplus. Thanks for all kind of you. PaTt

Axillary tissue

+3

Axillary tissue is more common than you think and it can either be one sided or both.  It may be composed of fatty tissue alone or more commonly fat plus breast tissue.  This may be addressed with Ultrasonic liposuction but, may be a combination of liposuction and direct excision.  There may be a component of extra skin which is removed with a scar high in the arm pit.

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
Any time you cut something out there is a risk of infection, bleeding, and scarring along with damage to underlying structures 

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

+1

Accessory axillary breast tissue and skin are able to be removed by excisional surgery or liposuction or both. But if the area is excised there could be a scar. Best to be examined by a boarded PSs. 

Breast mass

+1

If what you describe is just benign breast tissue its removal is straightforward. However, given your description of it being painful, just on one side and you living in a tropical country this could be anything including something that should be treated medically instead of surgically. You need to see a qualified doctor face to face and get a diagnosis of what the problem exactly is before you embark on a treatment plan. You will not be able to do that on line in this forum or any other one.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Axillary or accessory breast tissue

+1
Hi there. I would take a different view from my colleagues here. Accessory breast tissue can usually be removed by liposuction techniques. The open excision leaves a scar, but more so has a very high incidence of postop seroma. The lipo technique does not. Having said that, an examination is required and not all patients are suitable for the lipo technique. In my practice 80% of accessory breast cases would be lipo only, to give you a guide. Good luck.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Excision of axillary breast tissue

+1
I perform this procedure regularly and it is quite safe. The only caveat is that, if you are planning a breast reduction, the reduction should be performed first to insure the viability of the skin flaps. This is an ambulatory procedure and is frequently covered by health insurance.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Removal of Axillary Breast Tissue?

+1

Yes, it is possible to excise axillary breast tissue. In my opinion, this is best done by direct excision ( as opposed to liposuction surgery). Often, it is necessary to remove overlying skin also to improve contour of the area.

I would suggest in-person consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon who can show you examples of similar patients he/she has taken care of.