I would like a procedure done to flatten my stomach but don't want a tummy tuck with a scar? (photo)

I've had two childern, I am 37, height 5'2" and weight about 120lbs. I had a consult and the Dr said lipo with tummy tuck. I would prefer not to have a tummy tuck. I'm not that concerned with sagging skin, I know aesthetically its not ideal but I would rather not have a huge scar from tummy tuck, not to mention belly button repositioning and tighten of muscle. I'm interested in Velashape with smart lipo.

I don't want a TT. What can I do to flatten my stomach?

+1
Based on the photos that you posted, you would benefit the most from a tummy tuck.  Most patients don't mind the scar because the results far outweigh the scar and they are ready to be rid of the skin and fat.  If you are not ready to accept a scar, then don't rush into it.  Take your time and do your research to see if you can get used to the idea.  If you want to try liposuction, keep in mind that you may be left with loose skin which is also not appealing which may just open up another issue for you.  There are many new scar treatments to make the scar less visible so you should research that as well.  Talk to several board certified plastic surgeons and go from there, but take your time to really think about what you are really seeking.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kayser

+1
A tummy tuck essentially involves removing the skin (and fat) below the umbilicus (navel) and bringing the skin above it down to the level of the mons (pubic area) where it will then be closed to give you the typical bikini type scar. Liposuction essentially reduces the bulk of the skin by removing the underlying fat but this can potentially create wrinkles or looser skin because the support has been reduced - and even with alternative methods of treatment such as laser or ultrasonic liposuction, skin retraction may be modest and in your case, minimal at best; indeed, I would suspect that wrinkling could be made worse for you. So although an abdominoplasty will produce a scar, your final outcome will likely look much better in the long run. Hope this help and have a blessed day! Dr. Kayser (St Clair Shores)

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1

Base on the photos you provided the only procedure to help you enhance your abdomen would be a tummy tuck, the scar would be covered with any bikini. Look for a Board certified plastic surgeon.  

Mel T. Ortega, MD

No tummy tuck

+1
A tummy tuck will probably give you the flattest of stomachs, but if you absolutely decline one and considering the fact that most of the fascial weakness and excess skin is below the umbilicus, a mini tuck may give you a reasonable result and certainly much more than a vela shape or any laser lipo will ever give you.

Hossein A. Najafi, MD

I would like a procedure done to flatten my stomach but don't want a tummy tuck with a scar?

+1
    Liposuction will deflate the area further and may worsen the skin appearance.  I think a tummy tuck is what would be recommended.  Tummy tuck can tighten the abdominal wall as well.

Find a plastic surgeon with elite credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Tummy tuck or lipo

+1
Your abdominal bulge is the result of muscle weakness and lipo will, therefore, not flatten your stomach.  If you cannot reconcile yourself to the scar, which is placed inside the panty line, then don't rush into something that will not produce significant improvement.  I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation which may alleviate your concerns.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Lipo or TT

+1
You get it! Lipo will remove fat but not skin. A TT will remove both fat and skin. If you are not that concerned with looser skin after liposuction, you are an excellent candidate for liposuction and you will definitely have a nicer shape with less abdominal fat.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Flattening of tummy

+1
By looking at your photos I think you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck. The scar is placed within your bikini line and usually heals very nicely. You appear to have laxity of the muscle wall from the pregnancies that is contributing to your tummy appearance and non surgical correction or liposuction for that matter will not correct this. You would be spending a significant amount of money without a significant amount of improvement.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon