Would Like an Opinion What Type/size/placement to Get for a Very Natural Look. Not Interested in Going Big at All? (photo)

I have always really liked my small breasts, given I was a dancer it was the aesthetic I wanted & still like. After 6 years of breastfeeding they are deflated & the nipples sort of fold down. I am hoping that implants can fill my breasts out and make them look better. I only want to go as big as needed to fill them out and give me a very natural look. I am 5'7'' 115. Ribcage is 28". I really like when the end result has the aereola higher up with more fullness underneath.

Breast Augmentation, Dr. Adibfar, Toronto Plastic Surgeon

+3

Hello;

It is important to know what size you believe you are and what size you want to achieve as well as some specific bio-dimensional measurements before recommending a specific implant and size.  

Having said that, you would be able to achieve natural results with a "tear drop" shaped gel implant (medium height and medium to full projection), placed in a "dual plane" position, perhaps in the 200 to 250 cc range.

I would be able to give you more specific answers following a thorough evaluation.

Thank you

Natural look with implants

+2

The choice of the implant size is dependent on your body . The width of the breast , the elasticity of your skin envelope . You have a very low body fat and as such silicone implants would be a must in my mind . Also you may want to look at anatomical / tear shaped implants (sientra) as an option for implant company .  I would also think under the muscle to cover the implant would give you a more natural sloped look . I can't give you a size without physical exam .

Good Luck

Paul Albear, MD

Opinion

+2

Obviously to get a more exact idea of implant size to reach your goals a full " in person" exam would be needed. This would would include breast measurements. In your case I would recommend silicone implants in the "dual plane" submuscular pocket. A guess based on your photos, your slender build, and your conservative goals would be in the range of 250cc to 300cc's.  Find your surgeon based on qualifications, ABPS certification, and personal references, and not based on marketing alone...Good Luck!

Jeffrey K. Scott, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation #cosmeticsurgery

+2

Dear Balletmom

Thank you for your question!  We just had a patient very similar to you- the implant that matched her chest wall and gave an excellent result was a 275 cc round smooth implant that we placed under the muscle. The nipple/areolar shape was excellent and the patient is extremely happy.  Implant sizers are helpful- both in a bra and with a T-shirt on- it is important to take your time in deciding and your surgeon should be able to give some guidance.

With Warm Regards

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

What size implants should I get to have a natural look?

+2

Looking at your photos it appears that, indeed, your breasts have become deflated. There is also a mild asymmetry with the right breast slightly fuller. Based on your height and weight I would  suggest going with a mid-C cup. I would also suggest using silicone implants beacuse your have minimal breast tissue. Of course, the ultimate decision will be made at time of examination.

George Lefkovits, MD

Natural Looking Breast Augmentation Requires Smaller Implant

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. Fortunately you have very normal looking breasts which do not have ptosis or sag. Therefore you are a good candidate for breast augmentation from a cosmetic standpoint.

For patients like you who request a natural look and do not want to be too large or look like they have obviously had breast implants, I typically recommend a smaller implant in the 250 cc range.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, who is experienced in breast augmentation, and has an excellent reputation in your community.

It may also help you to visit the breast implant manufacturers websites where you can see before and after photographs of patients who have had breast augmentation and the sizes and shapes of the implants that they have had are shown next to their photographs. Search for sites on the web by Mentor and Allergan.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Best size for you

+1

It is always best to come in for a consultation to determine what size implant is best for your body type and the desired look you are seeking.  We always have our patients try on implants before making a final decision.  I would also recommend silicone implants, possibly anywhere from 275cc-400cc.  You would most likely be in the lower 300's but we would of course measure you and show some before and after pictures.  I always recommend you attend a few consultations prior to making your final decision.   

Gregory A. Wiener, MD, FACS

What size breast implants?

+1

In thin patients like yourself, I recommend the "gummy bear" silicone implants.  Sientra is the only manufacturer that has the "gummy bear" silicone in both their round and anatomic (or teardrop) shaped implants.  Try to find a PS that has pre-op sizing options and the Sientra implants if possible.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Size implant

+1

The best way to determine size is with a consultation. I have the Vectra system and the Mentor sizing implants. By the time you leave you have a very good idea of what you will look like. See if you can find someone who utilizes these. 

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

What size Implant is best for Me?

+1

There are lots of factors to consider, chest width, final desired cup size, tissue thickness etc. I would suggest you consult with a BC PS and look closely at the new "shaped" implants that are now just available.good luck!!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon