I Would Like to Have my Breast Implants Removed After 23 Years, What Kind of Reconstruction is Required?

I have breast augmentation 23 yrs. ago. The implants are silicone and I would like to have them taken out. I have back, shoulder and neck pain and the extra weight hurt my shoulders. I would like to know what the cost of having them removed and reconstruction would be. Thank you, Cheryl

Breast Implant Removal and Options?

+1

It would be in your best interests to seek consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons. Much of what will be recommended will depend on your physical examination and your specific goals. For example, if the breasts have “sagged"  in the past 23 years than breast lifting or reduction surgery may be helpful to you.

What your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Again, consulting with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon in person may be helpful.  Online consultation,  if you are able to submit pictures, may also be helpful.

Breast implant removal

+1

Without and evaluation it is difficult to tell you what type of reconstruction would be good for you.