Is it Possible to Get a Mini Lift in NY for $5,000?

I've had work in the past. I'm 77 and would like a mini lift.Should i tell the doctor I only have $5,000. ?I live in New York

MIni-Lift

+2

Hi,

Its probably possible to get a minilift somewhere for $5000 but I think most reputable surgeons charge a bit more somewhere in the 7500 range. Also this can be done under local anesthesia with minimal sedation. Refer to website below for further information.

Dr.S.

Cheap Facelifts -You may get what you pay for - Buyer Beware

+1

Caveat Emptor  is Latin for "let the buyer beware" It is only natural that you want the best value for money and Plastic Surgery often falls into one of these categories. Perspective patients often call board certified plastic surgeons offices or try to bargain for the best price indicating that Dr. "X" will do the same surgery for less.   I am sure someone will do the surgery for a low price, but in selecting this person are you limiting your choices to someone least qualified to do the surgery? Most important is the skill and experience of the surgeon. Are you comparing the same number of years of training and experience between doctors? Always check out his/her before and after photos and ask to see long term results and most of all that he is trained and a  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon  or Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience over many years in Brow Lifts.  Check your surgeon out with some online research. The best way to find one is to start with a  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon  or Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience over many years. . A good place to start is "find a doctor" on the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (see reference)  or American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons  web sites. 

If money is the critical issue of whether you can have this procedure then consider contacting a local University Plastic Surgery Residency program. They often can offer reduced rates for a resident to do the surgery under the guidance of a faculty member. Other ways to reduce costs if appropriate to your situation is to have the procedure done under local anesthesia and in an outpatient surgery center then within a hospital if your health and surgeon and PMD indicate this is a reasonable option.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Price for a mini facelift

+1

I think if that is all the money you have I would suggest you tell the surgeon up front and they can tell you what they are willing to do for that amount, it might be something besides a min facelift that they suggest though.

Julio Garcia, MD

Can the surgery you need be done for $5000?

+1

In general, the cost of a mini facelift with any given surgeon depends on their experience, commitment to care, and what they feel to be a fair price for the effort and expertise involved in the entire process - from surgery through full healing.

In general, surgeons who charge much, much less than the area's average rate do so for a reason. Remember, "you get what you pay for."

Your best bet might be a university hospital plastic or facial plastic surgery training clinic. There, surgeons in training are proctored through surgery by experienced surgeons, and the patient generally pays a discounted rate. These clinics are increasingly rare, and slots are scarce, but they still exist. Call your local medical school department of surgery to inquire.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini lit for $5000

+1
Without seeing photos it would be impossible to say how much, if any, surgery you could have for $5000. My larger concern would be the condition of your skin at age 77 and whether it would be grand theft to operate on you. If your skin is too lax, then a lasting result may not be achieved and, in that case, you would be better off with Botox and fillers to improve your facial appearance.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Mini lift for 5000 in newyork

+1

That is possible. But I sure would reconsider finding someone to do it for that much. You get what you pay for sometimes. Find someone that will do a good job.  Shortcuts get you shortcut results.  Below is a video to illustrate our answer better. We have other informative videos and information on our website and a link is included to help you find us.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Anything is possible but the real question that you should be asking is: "what would it cost me to get the best Minimal incision Face Lift, that I can get?"  

Minilift for $5000/

+1

Financial considerations are real concerns to patients and I do take them seriously when giving advice. You have to be real careful here because if you shop around enough you will find someone to do something to you for whatever you can afford. Whether it's the right procedure for you and the right venue (office or outpatient center) is something you need to be careful about. Get several opinions. Many physicians also offer financing plans and that may be something to consider as well for you.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon