Is It Possible to Look Like a Male Model After I Have a Tummy Tuck?

Im 6 ft tall and 155 pounds, i used to be 260 pounds(all fat) and due to this i have loose skin on my torso specifically directly under and above my belly button. Its not a lot compared to others ive seen but its enough that i won't beable to get defined good looking muscle with it there. And it won't go away with time. So im what im really asking is will a tummy tuck allow me to get the body of a male model, or not? And will it have any unattractive side effects?

Possible to Look Like a Male Model After I Have a Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for your question. I am not certain if you will have several offers for being a male model, but the surgery, if appropriate, will improve your loose skin issue, and if your abdominal muscles have any separation, they can be addressed at the same time. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consult and evaluation. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Is it possible to look like a male model following a tummy tuck?

+1

Nathan, Congratulations on your weight loss!  You did not state how you lost it, but with diet and exercise is usually the healthiest way.  From your description, it sounds as if you may be a candidate for an abdominal procedure.  I am not sure of your age or the quality of your skin, but the fact that you have lost 105 pounds usually gives a good indication that a tummy tuck would be warranted.  I would need to see a picture to assess prior to recommending what type of abdominoplasty you would need (minimal to extended) and there is the question of tightening the rectus muscle.  To excise the loose skin will give you a better cosmetic appearance.  One's perception of a male model may differ.  I would recommend you make an appointment for a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs tummy tucks on males.  Review the before and after pictures.  Also share with the surgeon pictures of male models who you would like to look like.  You should follow with discussion of expectations and realistic outcomes.  Best wishes!

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Realistic expectations following a tummy tuck

+1

Dear Nathan, photographs would have helped significantly to opine with regards to your query. Judging from your specs, you seem to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck as it will address the loose skin over the abdomen, both above & below the belly button. Following the surgery you will have a flatter, more contoured abdomen with a scar well hidden in the bikini line. However, wether it will meet your lofty expectations of having a body of a male model is something you need to discuss with your plastic surgeon. Establishing realistic expectations pre op, ensure a feel good factor post op. All the best.

Sameer Karkhanis, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

+1

A tummy tuck or some variant may be recommended for the loose skin.   The issue of obtaining a male model's physique is a different issue.  This procedure may well put you closer to your goal.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Dear Nathan,

From your body description, it sounds like you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck .  You can have a very aesthetic result with a tummytuck.  Photos would help in the discussion, but in general a very low incision is usually possible. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck to become a male model

+1

Thank you for asking whether a tummy tuck will help you become a male model.

1. This is not possible to answer without photographs to show the problem
  2. A tummy tuck or other tummy cosmetic surgery may help with tummy modeling - but may not be needed. 
  3. If you plan on photographic modeling - many models do not have the perfect bodies they seem to have in photos - they are photoshopped.
  4. Consult a Board Certified plastic surgeon and a modeling agent for advice.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD