Does it look like I will have loose skin after fat removal?

I had dermabrasion and fat removal of my jowls, neck and under chin 5 days ago. I went in for lipo for my jowls and double chin, but when I woke up from the anesthesia, the doctor told me he did not do lipo after all, he thought it would look uneven, so he cut out the fat. I have never heard of this before. I know it has only been 5 days and I still have swelling, but it does look like I will be left with loose skin. I'm worried he made it worse than it was before the surgery. I wore a compression garment for 3 days after the surgery, and now I am only wearing it at night.

Loose Skin after Fat Removal

+1

1 week after a neck surgery of this nature, swelling can be quite impressive.  Give yourself a few months.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Post-op neck fat excision

+1

It looks like you just had the procedure. I would give it several weeks ot even a few months to determine if you need excess skin removed.  It is normal to be swollen at this point.

Chin and neck lipo

+1
If you had neck lipo, you should continue to wear the compressive garment. Without more details. I do not know what type of surgery was performed but, if you were consented for lipo, it should not have been anything but lipo. Perhaps you are under a misconception as to what was performed. I would encourage you to discuss this with your doctor.

Robert L. Kraft, MD