I Would Like to Know What Kind of Reduction is Suggested for my Type of Nose? (photo)

Hello I would like to know what kind of reduction is suggested for my type of nose? I am a little afraid of the surgery in general and I am just starting out with researching etc. I like my profile but not the frontal aspect of the nose. I know that there is base reduction, bridge and others. I am really unhappy with my nose and I am willing to spend as much as I have to get the best results. Thank you in advance for any help.

Rhinoplasty

+2

Your posted photos are shot at angles to the floor rather than parallel to the floor so the analysis cannot be completely accurate just from the photos. There are many things you could have done but you will need to pick and choose based on personal preference. The photos seem to show a low radix (the bridge starts low at pupil level rather than upper eyelid crease level), the bridge has a nice feminine arching contour contiguous with the eyebrows, the tip has a normal female angle of rotation, the alar base is wider than usual (wider than the space between inner and outer corners of the eye), the dome of the tip is broad and possibly box shaped. Different surgeons could employ slightly different techniques and achieve equally good results. I would think a radix/bridge implant or graft to raise the radix, alar base reduction, trim of the upper edge of the tip cartilages and suture shaping of the tip cartilages would suffice.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Rhinoplasty

+2

It is always best to be seen in person, because even photos can distort things a bit. Certainly your nostrils can be narrowed, and the tip modified to narrow the width.  Remember, that your skin will limit some of the refinement that you can achieve becuase it looks pretty thick.

Reduction rhinoplasty options

+2

Rhinoplasty can be done to maintain your current profile but improve the frontal view of your nose. The overall width and fullness of your tip can be addressed with surgery. Your input regarding the level of change is important here. Preoperative digital morphing is very helpful in planning the surgical changes.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

+2

Hi,

Overall your nose is very nice. I would reduce the boxy, wide aspect of your tip and possibly narrow your nostrils. You can also send your pics through my website and I can image them for you so you can get an idea of what it would look like after surgery. Good luck.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty to reduce wide bulbous nasal tip.

+1

The best technique for this type of nose is to reduce the wide, thick, bulbous tip with a combination of cartilage removal and a suture technique of the lower lateral tip cartilages.  Small inferior osteotomies can also be performed to narrow the midthird of the nose.  Alarplasties can be performed to narrow wide nostrils.  Thick skin will limit how narrow the nose can be after rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty

+1

The dissatisfaction you have with your nasal appearance is primarily due to the fact that the nose is wide and the tip is bulbous.  I would refine the tip to obtain better definition which would involve alterations to the tip cartilage. I would also narrow the bridge if your nose with nasal bone infractures.  Alar wedge resection would narrow the nasal base but would need to be conservative, because your nostrils are already on the small side.  good luck.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Proposed Changes with Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Nothing replaces an examination of your nose and a conversation with the patient. However, on the basis of the pictures submitted the tip of the nose and the nasal base should be narrowed. The radix is low and should be augmented when you profile is changed. A chin implant should be considered because your chin is not strong. A consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will bring all this together.

+1

Thanks for the attempted posting of your facial photos, but very hard to examine in detail. Best to see a few boarded PSs in NYC. I recommend Dr John Sherman, Barry Goldenberg, Syd Coleman, Dan Baker, etc.