I Would Like to Inquire About a Mommy Makeover PLUS Facial Fat Grafting?

I am 36 years old, 5'4, 116 pounds, done having children, and would like to get a "mommy makeover" (breast aug/lift & tummy tuck/liposuction. I would also like to do a facial fat grafting. My question is: is it a good idea to do the mommy makeover and facial fat grafting during one procedure? If so, is there anyone in the SF Bay Area that specializes in both "mommy makeover" and "facial fat grafting"? Thank you in advance!!

Mommy Makeover PLUS Facial Fat Grafting

+1

Thank you for your question. Most Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in the Bay area are specialists in both of these procedures. We, along with many others here in the Bay area do both of these procedures quite often. The "Mommy Makeover" and fat grafting are very common requests, and you will have to determine if you will be having a breast lift, reduction, augmentation, or a combination of those choices. Then you will have to determine if you will be having just a tummy tuck, or if you will be having lipo of the flanks, bra line, and or arms. The fat grafting is not the difficult part of the procedure. There will be fat available for transfer with the tummy tuck, and lipo procedures. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

+1

Yes, I perform both of these frequently. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of mommy makeovers each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Mommy-Makeover-photo-galleries.php

Fat grafting with mommy makeover

+1

It is very possible to have facial fat grafting done at the time of your mommy makeover.  Please see a board certified PS in your area to learn more about your options.

Mommy Make Over and Facial Fat Grafting

+1

A Mommy Makeover can mean different things to different physicians or patients depending on what the patients needs are and their desires. In general it refers to correcting the ravages of child birth on a woman's body in regards to her breasts and abdomen but may include hips, thighs and other parts not always affected directly by child rearing but maybe from the large fat distribution and weight shifts associated with the pregnancy. It is common practice to do the combination of procedures at one time providing that they aren't going to take more than 6 -8 hours, no anticipation of substantial blood loss, patient's health is good, and that certain combinations of procedures together may compromise results or make the patients recovery unduly  complicated or interferes with the blood supply of one area or another.  Doing Facial fat grafting at the same time is no problem and since in the Mommy Makeover there is a significant source of fat being removed that can be harvested for the face it is a good time to do this if it is indicated for correcting the facial features your trying to improve.  

William Aiello, M.D.   Newport Beach CA

Mommy Makeover with Facial Fat Grafting

+1

This is a wonderful procedure to perform at the same time.   Facial Fat Grafting does not add a substantial amount of time and there would not be the need to have a "donor site" because the fat could be harvested from the flanks as part of your liposuction procedure.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Mommy makeover and facial surgery

+1

Combining a mommy makeover with facial fat grafting is an an entirely reasonable surgery.  Liposuction is already a portion of the mommy makeover procedure, so adding a fat grafting procedure especially to the face (much lower volumes used) should not add a significant amount of time.  A comprehensive consultation should be performed that includes a good medical examination to ensure that your are healthy enough for elective surgery.  Good luck!

+1

If your health is good and your surgeon feel you have the indications for the breast and tummy surgery and the fat grafting, there is no reason not to complete it all at one time.

Mommy Makeover done with facial fat grafting

+1

These are two procedures that have very high patient satisfaction, as long as you are in good health, there should be no problem in having both procedures done at the same time. I recommend that you have at least two consultations from  Board Certified Plastic Surgeons so you can see who you feel the most comfortable with, and ask to see lots of before and after pictures so that you can determine the type of work the surgeon does. Good luck!

Another option is that we have a program called Adicyte which is called stem cell banking. The fat is sent to Arizona and is frozen.  Packets of fat are sent to be re-injectted when requested.  This is a great program and it will become popular in time.

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscocosmetic-surgery.com/mommy_makeover.html

Mommy Makeover and Facial Fat Grafting

+1

Dear Ariela88,

A Mommy Makeover is a wonderful way to restore your pre-pregnancy figure. Facial fat grafting is a small addition that can generally be safely combined with a Mommy Makeover.

There are many excellent Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in the Bay Area (such as myself) who are highly skilled at both Mommy Makeover and fat grafting. You can find a surgeon here at RealSelf or through the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.

Please see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation and to discuss your concerns.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD
San Francisco, CA

Web reference: http://www.77plasticsurgery.com

Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures

+1

Its reasonable to combine tummy tuck, cosmetic breast surgery and facial fat grafting into a single procedure, assuming the procedure can be completed in a reasonable amount of time. Look up a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. There are many good ones.

Web reference: http://www.scottsattlermd.com