Had Pulmonary Embolism in 2007; Am I a Candidate for Brazilian Butt Lift?

Surgery After a Pulmonary Embolism

+1

Hello. Your history of pulmonary embolism carries a very high risk of having another embolism under anesthesia. For this reason I would not perform the surgery on you. While some doctors will take the risk, you need to seriously consider the dangers of your situation before undergoing this or any other cosmetic procedure. If you decide to proceed, be sure to consult your physician before the surgery.

Jaime Perez, MD
Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Cosmetic surgery after a Pulmonary Embolism may be possible but should be considered carefully

+1

Hi there-

Provided that you have been evaluated by a reputable hematologist and they gave you their approval to seek the cosmetic surgery you desire, it may be possible for you to proceed, but it is going to be very important that you and your surgeon discuss the special precautions necessary to maximize the safety of the operation for you, and for you to understand the risks involved- specifically that you could had another life-threatening pulmonary embolism.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Having had a pulmonay embolism, can I be a candidate for the BBL?

+1

Once you have had an episode of pulomonary embolism you have a higher chance of getting another one when undergoing surgery under general anesthesia. It would be important to know what circumstance(s) may have precipitated the pulmonary embolism( i.e, surgery, prlolonged bed rest, prolonged flight). You need to be worked up by a hematologist and may possibly consider the BBL after clearnce by the internist/hematologist. You may need to take special preop and periooperative precautions. In your case the decision to have the BBL is a serious one and the risks need to be taken into account.and understood. 

George Lefkovits, MD

Pulmonary embolism

+1

Once yo had a pulmonary embolism then you are a very high risk for pulmonary embolism with any surgery under general anesthesia.Google the Caprini scale for risks of deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.

You may be a candidate for a hypercoaguability workup by your hematologist.