I Would Like to Get Implants. Im a 34b but Would Like to Be a 34dd. Im 5'10 and 118 Pounds is That to Big?

Too big?

+1

Dear Elizabeth Bri,

You are tall and thin based on your height, weight and chest circumfrence of 34. Preoperative photos and additional measurements would help to answer your question more accurately.Since cup size is a ratio of breast volume to chest circumference it is tough to estimate exact post-operative bra sizes. Another confounding factor is that there is no standardization of this ratio by bra manufacturers. Hence why so many plastic surgeons suggest you don't focus on a desired bra size, but rather the desired look.

One tool I find helpful is Vectra 3D imaging, where I can virtually implant the different sizes and styles of implants and see a 3D image of your chest morph into a pretty accurate representation of your final result with some limitations of course.

However, a loose rule of thumb is that it usually takes about 150cc to make a change in cup size in a 34 circumference chest. Obtain a consultation with a plastic surgeon to help you determine what size implants fit your chest and breast measurements and what size and style implants will get closest to your desired look.

You will make this decision.

+1

In my opinion it does not matter what are your measurements,  the most important part in determine the size of your implants is what are your wishes ( what your brain wants).

A good, experienced plastic surgeons will tell you, the pros and cons in regards to the size you decide. No surgeon will be able to tell you without a doubt, what postoperative size you will be after surgery, this is because by using different bra's companies you will have to use different sizes. In my opinion the best way to determine the size of your implants is using a sizer system, this will allow you to see in the mirror the augmentation of your chest area with different sizers.

Again it is in your best interest to see a board certified plastic surgeon member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1

At size 34 each 100 cc’s of implants corresponds to 1 cup size change.  Approximately 300 cc implants would be required to achieve DD.  I always recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Size

+1

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Implant Size

+1

It is very difficult to predict what cup size you will be after your procedure.  Cup sizes are not standardized.  So a D cup in one designer could be a C cup or B cup in another designer.   This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast implants for you

+1

Without an exam, I can not suggest a specific volume that might be appropriate for you. Everyone "wears" implants differently.

Breast augmentation and size of implants

+1

Hi,  I think you are concentrating on a bra size when you should be reviewing pictures and determining the "look" that you like. If that look gets you to a large bra cup size, then that is right for you but it might not be right for the next patient.   Each person is different as far as what they are trying to achieve with breast augmentation.  So the person who says "Dr, give me the size that you think fits my body" is in the wrong office with me.  We go through a process that determines what the implant size should be for the patient.  I am just so surprised at how patients of the same size would pick implants of such a variety.  Bring in pictures of patients that you like in photos and also have many cases presented to you.  Be prepared to review the cases and then have your breast size (volume) considered to get the final suggested implant size and profile.  At 5'10", you can take a very good size implant very easily.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants

+1

Don't get hung up on bra sizes.  The more important issue is the shape and profile you are expecting.  A 34DD in one bra may be a different size in a different brand's bra.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to go over breast implant size options and what you can expect.  Size is a personal choice, and there is no universal 'too big' or 'too small'.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Implant selection

+1

From your description you may not be able to achieve a DD.  It is important to stay within an objective range when considering a breast augmentation. Too large of an implant while physically possible may not give you an ideal result.  

B to DD cup breast implants

+1

Dear Elizabeth,

I would highly recommend getting sized for implants based on your base width and skin quality. You may be able to become a DD with an appropriately sized implant proportionate with your chest wall. 

Seek a board Certified Plastic surgeon who is specialized in augments who can help you find the right fit for you. 

Best of luck...

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS